How NOT to change your oil....Pic inside!

not sure if anyone mentioned it, but did the oil touch the tires? I doubt you have engine damage from that... and dont worry, I'm sure most of us have had an "oh no... i'm an idiot" moment while working on the bikes
beerchug.gif

Man, these new fairings are causing havoc...
Suzuki makes awesome bikes...but I cannot BELIEVE that they didn't make the new busa's plastic easier to work with than the old one, which is a friggin' pain in the ass. In fact they've made the new one MUCH WORSE!!! Suzuki how in the hell did you manage to do that?
rock.gif
??? My busa's a bulletproof rocketship, most fun bike I've ever ridden...but also THE WORST to work on I've ever owned plastic wise. And they've made the new one even worse
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
banghead.gif
what were they thinking
wtf.gif
crazy.gif
all_coholic.gif
pillepalle.gif
bs.gif
I agree. MUCH worse than my '06. Almost makes me wish I bought the ZX-14 instead-----ALMOST!
I dont know about the new busa, but between working on my 05 busa or my 06 gixxer 1000, I'd much rather work on the busa... The fairings on the gixxer are way worse IMO

banghead.gif

banghead.gif

Just a tip, use it or don't. I always wipe my finger across the old filter seal to get the oil with which to lube the new seal. If there isn't a seal on the old filter, I know where to look for it.

I know this is a little late, but, it works for me.

Thanks for all the tips!

I don't know why im having such a tough time with the fairing. I think next time its due for an oil change I am going to take it to the dealer and see if they will let me watch them take the fairing off and show me how. Im sure it shouldn't be as hard as it was for me. I got to be missing something.

Or perhaps a local 08 Busa owner can take the time to show a busa newb a trick or to on taking the fairing off?

But at anyrate. Like I said earlier. I put nearly 200 miles on it yesterday and it purred like a kitten the entire time. The engine felt just as good if not better than before the first oil change. So im not worried anymore.

Did that once before also.  I think it is only a problem with the cheap suzuki oil filters.  The O-ring on their filters is junk and very loose to begin with.  I almost always use the K&N filters because of the nut on the end (easy removal and easy install) and because of the anti drainback valve.  I ran out of them and had to use a stock Suzuki filter once and sure enough, when it came time to change it again the Suzuki o-ring stuck.  They are poor filters in my own opinion and too expensive.  You can find the K&N online for about 10-11 bucks if you get a case of 5 or 6 of them.  Give them a try, the nut tacked onto the filter end really does make instal and removal a piece of cake.

KN-138 should be the filter number

Did that once before also. I think it is only a problem with the cheap suzuki oil filters. The O-ring on their filters is junk and very loose to begin with. I almost always use the K&N filters because of the nut on the end (easy removal and easy install) and because of the anti drainback valve. I ran out of them and had to use a stock Suzuki filter once and sure enough, when it came time to change it again the Suzuki o-ring stuck. They are poor filters in my own opinion and too expensive. You can find the K&N online for about 10-11 bucks if you get a case of 5 or 6 of them. Give them a try, the nut tacked onto the filter end really does make instal and removal a piece of cake.

Filter number should be Kn-138

bro u will be fine..no engine damage...these engines are tough and u didnt let it run long..

The one thing i dont understand is the problem everyone is having with the fairings..i just took my time...it was a hassle i will admit, but i have had it off 3 times now since them without a problem...its mainly the snap tight tabs that are problems in my opinion...
I seem to recall the first time you took your plastics off you were screaming for help  
corner2.png
Yes the new 08's plastic's are just a pain in the but but Suzuki did it for a reason.

Back