How Much To Get Seals Done

deon_hackstall

Registered
Yes, Another post about fork seals,, I have 'seal saver'ed' my fork seals to death, I think its time to get them replaced. My question is, how much is this gonna cost me at a dealership,, typically?

Thanks in advance..

65 to 85 an hour plus parts . Good tech on the bike should be in the 4 hr plus/minus an hour range when done right . Remember worn bushing can cause seal leaks even with NEW seals . They mark the parts up quiet a bit , but often they dont like or wont use your supplied parts that you get at a better price . If you can pull the forks/reinstall yourself I would say send to Race Tech or another good fork shop .

What c10 said. A good suspension guy is an artist, I don't think I would let MY local shop do it. Find a good person that not only knows how to rebuild suspension but also knows how to set it up for you and your riding style.

I had a place do mine and the guy set up the suspension for my weight when all done. Was 331 all said and done. Place was in Downingtown PA (Solid Performance). The guy does a lot of work setting up suspensions.

Where are you located?? Maybe somebody near bye knows a good shop that can help you out

Have to get mine done also,called a local shop(reputable,ex AMA racer and a good guy)and he said around $260-$280 for parts,labor,etc.

Pull the forks and ship them to me, $160.00 plus the shipping.
I have seals and fork oil in stock!

Thanks everyone for the info,, found a guy that actually works with me that does them.. After asking around; he does a good job..

Just curious how many kilometers should the seals last on this bike on my goldwing its about 80 to 100 thousand km before they start leaking :thumbsup:

I've changed many "right side up" fork seals but never attempted the modern upside down fork seals. How much different are they to change?

Brand new seals can leak, you just never know what is going to happen. I had a set last 15K (changed the OEMs when I got new fork oil, they were still passable). The seals in my brand stinking new Ohlins were leaking in just 2K! If you abuse them doing things like wheelies you can bust one in one ride! If you twist the wrist at all your Busa lifts the front wheel often. If you have that dirty line around the leg its leaking or starting to leak. This should be checked on a regular basis. Also I am a heavy guy so that works a seal. My guy charges $350 for seals, oil, internal cleaning, and taking them off-putting them back on the bike. He also checks the settings. Forks can create metal shavings internally I'm told, especially when they are new and setting in so cleaning then up periodically is a good idea.

Back