how much should i pay to have my rear tire mounted?

sportcustoms71

Registered
as the title says, just looking for what it usually cost and not get raped on getting my rear tire mounted. i called around here and they said it would cost around a hundred bucks and i was like sh*t cost almost as much as the tire itself.

My shop mounts and balances for $25 if you take the tire off yourself and just bring in the wheel. $50 if the wheel is on bike

35 here is cheapest if you pull the tire...75 on bike

Last edited:
nada get yourself a couple of tire spoons and do it yourself well maybe the spoons might cost ya but youll have them whenever you need to change the next one:thumbsup:

Harbor freight spoons were 4 or 5 bucks each.

But the charge 25 around here if u roll the wheel in.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

look at independent shops. They are your best bet

I take the wheels /tires in to my local shop...$15 per wheel to dismount the old tires and mount and balance the new ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds like the cheaper route is to take the tire off, then to take it in. I've never done it my self, does anyone have any instructions or any advice so i don't pop my cherry the wrong way on taking my rear tire off for the first time:laugh:

sounds like the cheaper route is to take the tire off, then to take it in. I've never done it my self, does anyone have any instructions or any advice so i don't pop my cherry the wrong way on taking my rear tire off for the first time:laugh:

Where are you located? Maybe a local board member can stop by and walk you through a R+R...
Posted via Mobile Device

its very easy. put bike on a rear stand. remove the chain guard. loosen/remove the rear axle bolt. slide out the rear axle. push tire forward to unhook chain off rear sprocket. slide rear brake toward you away from bike while pushing rear tire forward ... it will slide right out of its bracket and off the rear disc. That's it.

Now is a great opportunity to clean your chain & tail of bike.

In reverse, push tire in so you can hook chain on rear sprocket. Then slide rear caliper back onto the disc. Then slide rear caliper guide into its holding bracket. Then wipe the rear axle with grease. Then insert the axle and tighten the axle nut. Replace chain guard.

Its easier if you don't also loosen/remove the chain adjusters on either side. No need to, and you won't have to worry about re-aligning the tire.

Well worth saving the time and money required to have a shop do it.

Yep, most shops are going to charge you 30min - hour labor plus materials (valve stem & weights) and disposal fees. It adds up quickly! Some shops charge more if you don't buy the tire(s) from them.

You're definitely going to save some time and money by taking the wheel to them. Best bet is to do some calling around to get a good price. Like Lurch said, your best deals are going to be with you're small independent shops. I lucked out and found an MC accessory shop less than 3 miles from home that has smoking deals on tires and does mount & balance for free.

Yep, I'm paying 54 all included for taking my bike in & they do all of the labor. I brought in the tire. I just don't have the tools for taking the rear tire off of an M109R...LOL

I pay 35 for to mount 1 tire 40 for 2 wheels if I bring him the wheels. Dealers will charge 100.00 if you bring your own tire. Less if you buy it from them:thumbsup:

Just dive in bro, Take your time and use some good reason and common sense. Nothin to it:thumbsup:

If you plan on keeping your bike , buy your own tire changer & supplies. 200-300$ should do it.. just do them yourself. its easy!

Back