How much should I pay for the extended warranty?

The Big Red One

Registered
Considering getting the extended warranty and wondering what I should be paying?...thanks in advance for any feedback
biggrin.gif

My dealer wanted the standard $630 but I was able to bargain with them. Back in March just before my 1 year was up I called the dealer I bought the bike from and told them I've seen it offered on the net for less than $500.
Told them if they can get within the $500 range I'd buy it, they ended up letting me have it for $500.

Do some research on the net and get dealer names and web addresses before going to your local dealer. They will probably want proof like mine did.

It costs about $350..... So there..... now your really armed.

Suzuki doesn't offer a 60 month warranty.

Imo the "48 month" is very deceptive advertising. It's 48 months including the 1st year. It only EXTENDS the warranty 36 months.

Still for three years and unlimited mileage it ain't bad if you have to use it even once.

Suzuki doesn't offer a 60 month warranty.

Imo the "48 month" is very deceptive advertising.  It's 48 months including the 1st year.  It only EXTENDS the warranty 36 months.

Still for three years and unlimited mileage it ain't bad if you have to use it even once.
I hope your wrong. I just got out my service contract. The 60 month spot is filled in. The dealer told me thats the longest they could go on a bike (that's all the longer I wanted anyway). I believe you are right about the overall length though. Eventhough my contract says 60 months it's only extended 48 months + 12 month original warranty=60 months. So is $850 a rip off?

If it's 60 month you're not getting a genuine Suzuki warranty. There are some "aftermarket" warranties underwritten by who know who or it could just be the dealer offers their own warranty. Either way make sure you know what you're getting.
If you're getting 4 years past the original 1 year $850 is a little steep but not totally out of line.

Find out who is actually covering the bike and do some research to find out if there are any complaints. From what I've read even Suzuki can be a PITA to deal with when it comes to getting work covered.

The so called "genuine" suzuki extended service plan (warranty, by definition, is free) is admin'ed by G.E. Not sure it will be any different than any other extended service plan. I paid $499 for mine when I purchased new in Aug. 03'. Does include the first year, so mine is up August 07'. My theory is: if I buy it, nothing will happen. If I don't, it will blow up Sept. 04'. Reality - I have yet, at 8000 miles of riding the a** out of this thing, even had to take it back to the dealer for ANYTHING. Not bad for a machine that has .30 hp/lb....imo!

Back