How much of stock busa is vinyl?

Trucker Mike

Registered
Ok, hope I don't get shot for asking what might be a dumb question...

I hate the graphics of any and all stock 'busa's, especially the kanji decal (my opinion). I would be tearing them off when I buy mine.

How much of what you see on the body, is vinyl? I can't just drop by the dealer to see for myself. Is there a base color and then graphics applied? Did Suzuki actually use 2 diff color paints?

Has anyone removed the decals? Can you post pics if you have an '06 red/black or silver/black?

Thanks, Mike

P.S. Don't flame me if this has been asked. Just point me in the right direction...lmao. Also, please save your questions/comments about why I don't care for graphics, for another time and place. Can't answer the question? Then don't. Thanks.

<!--EDIT|mnschneider
Reason for Edit: "Because the first reply was retarded."|1147584582 -->

No kanji on a Busa? That's like no butter on bread, no turkey on Thanksgiving, no stripper poles at a strip club... the list is endless.

Ok we are not going to burn you for asking the question and I have no clue how much vinyl is on the bike...but...one thing i have to say is............You have to be out of your mind to take the Kanji off, That is the trademark.

<!--EDIT|Deaglemaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147585623 -->

Jesus, I really thought that I would not have to put a *Keep-The-Retarded-Comments-To-Yourself* clause in my first "info needed" post. I really thought that people on Busa's would be a little more mature than that, when posed a serious question. Of course, I won't hold all of you accountable for the first Dee-Dee-Dee response. We'll see who says what next.

Before you all think I'm an a-hole, let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm an a-hole. I want answers to my questions from people who know what they are talking about. Anyone who doesn't know sh*t about the topic, can learn something or go diddle themselves. Don't waste my time, and I won't waste yours. I don't appreciate seeing that someone replied to my post, only to find that it was meaningless bullsh*t that was better left in your head.

So for all future replies, keep it relevant or don't talk. PLEASE. There, that was nice of me to say please. /niceness.

I am sorry serious answer, There is dual tone paint on the bike, but on some areas such as the front fairing they use vinyl instead of painting it. and yes the Kanji can be taken off, but if you try and take it off it will get nasty, Best thing to do is take it to a local bike paint shop and ask them if they can take it off without hurting the paint.

yeah, I am well-versed on removing graphics, but thanks for the advice?

ok, so now the question is...what is painted what? where are the differences? tank is different from tail? etc?

<!--EDIT|mnschneider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147586253 -->

OK I will try my best to answer this... I would say that 45% of the bike is covered in decals. I have taken a pic of mine and tried to outline all of them on one side in yellow. This kinda give you an idea.  Hope this helps, oh and yes, they did use 2 colors on mine, the front fender, nose, tank and tail is a pearl white and the feirings are the pearl silver.

Mike

stickers.jpg

<!--EDIT|mike774u
Reason for Edit: "misspelled word"|1147586512 -->

awesome. thanks for the clean info.

so basically, if i want a single color bike, i would just strip all the decals, and then paint part of the side fairings?

*Keep-The-Retarded-Comments-To-Yourself* OR you could get the LE version !! DEE DEE DEE:p

or you could just paint it, easier than trying to get all the stickers off w/o damage. if you look around you can find someone that will shoot the plastic for a good price i'd think.

STEVEN_001a.jpg

cykill....how do you like the HMF setup? is that the single side or dual? anyone else run that system have any feedback?

also, did you sand the wheel lip on your rims? i see that alot...looks cool.

btw...i would never paint over vinyl... no offense if you did it that way, but omg, no.

Mnschneider, if you are going to post here (not a threat, just some advice) you need to have a little tougher skin. This site is a wealth of knowledge. Your 10th post and you are being (in your words) an a-hole. There is really no reason for it.

The LE bikes (except for the 06) have only the Kanji on the side and the "GSX1300R" on the tail section. If you don't like the vinyl you could always do what someone suggested and take the bike (when you get it) to the paint shop and have them strip and repaint it for you.

You will find that with just a little common courtesy you can get more questions answered about these wonderful machines than by being an arrogant a-hole.

JMHO

Don

The LE bikes (except for the 06) have only the Kanji on the side and the "GSX1300R" on the tail section. If you don't like the vinyl you could always do what someone suggested and take the bike (when you get it) to the paint shop and have them strip and repaint it for you.

Mnschneider, if you are going to post here (not a threat, just some advice) you need to have a little tougher skin. This site is a wealth of knowledge. Your 10th post and you are being (in your words) an a-hole. There is really no reason for it. You will find that with just a little common courtesy you can get more questions answered about these wonderful machines than you can imagine. Being an arrogant a-hole that freaks over every little comment that is not to your liking may leave some of your questions unanswered.

JMHO

Don

cykill....how do you like the HMF setup? is that the single side or dual? anyone else run that system have any feedback?

also, did you sand the wheel lip on your rims? i see that alot...looks cool.

btw...i would never paint over vinyl... no offense if you did it that way, but omg, no.
Vinal was all removed. but to remove it w/o destroying the clear coat is a nightmare. so yes removed it all, and painted it. the bike is an '04 LE. i just really like black on bikes, and i was NOT craze about the red they used on the '04.

All the LE's have the black frame, and the silver stripe on the outside of the rim.

HMF is duel, and i fugging love it. best looking, sounding and performing pipe for the street IMHO (and i'm sure everyone has there own thoughts, but i love it)

I took the kanjis and other stickers off mine without any problems. I used a heat gun.

Mnschneider, if you are going to post here (not a threat, just some advice) you need to have a little tougher skin.  This site is a wealth of knowledge. Your 10th post and you are being (in your words) an a-hole.  There is really no reason for it.  

The LE bikes (except for the 06) have only the Kanji on the side and the "GSX1300R" on the tail section.  If you don't like the vinyl you could always do what someone suggested and take the bike (when you get it) to the paint shop and have them strip and repaint it for you.

You will find that with just a little common courtesy you can get more questions answered about these wonderful machines than by being an arrogant a-hole.  

JMHO

Don
#1...Tough skin? I have tough skin, and is why I didn't threaten to just kick the snot of them.

#2...Yes, this site IS a wealth of knowledge, and for the first 5-6 days of perusing the board, I saw no one making dumb comments about "Kanji is like butter to bread" and "You're nuts to strip it!" Had I seen those types of comments, I probably would not have registered.

#3...10th post and I'm being an a-hole? I'm just responding to a-hole statements, as one. Notice how I responded to the useful info?

#4...Courtesy? Yeah, that was extended to me in those first 2 posts. (sarcasm) Maybe you should have seen the 3rd post before it was edited.

#5...I'm buying an '06 Black and Silver, like it states in my sig. Not an LE.

#6...I'm not arrogant. What happened to it being a good quality by being a straight shooter? I don't talk about things I do not know about.

#7...I just cut one, and now I have to get out of my truck, cuz it's baaaaaaaaaaad. Whew.

#8...Let's move on.

<!--EDIT|mnschneider
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1147683185 -->

I took the kanjis and other stickers off mine without any problems. I used a heat gun.
perfect answer! thanks.

So what was left was all red, eh? but you have an LE?

Ok, soooo....If I buy an '06 black and silver...and pull all the vinyl/decals...what do I end up with for color combo? black and some silver? What parts end up being what color?

oh what the hell. maybe i'll just rattle can the whole thing flat black, polish the frame and wheels, and add billet grips/kickstand/mirrors/dapincci pipes for some contrast and be done with it...after I add my KILL TEAM logo. maybe i'll even put a 1" kanji on the swingarm since so many people will be wondering what it is?

i wish i could determine from the pics i have, which parts are which colors. it appears that the seat surround and side panel/lower are silver, and the tank/upper fairing/front fender are black? anyone know for sure?

can't they just make a dang single color 'busa?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

argh..i'm tired.

rock.gif

perfect answer! thanks.

So what was left was all red, eh? but you have an LE?

Ok, soooo....If I buy an '06 black and silver...and pull all the vinyl/decals...what do I end up with for color combo? black and some silver? What parts end up being what color?

oh what the hell. maybe i'll just rattle can the whole thing flat black, polish the frame and wheels, and add billet grips/kickstand/mirrors/dapincci pipes for some contrast and be done with it...after I add my KILL TEAM logo. maybe i'll even put a 1" kanji on the swingarm since so many people will be wondering what it is?

i wish i could determine from the pics i have, which parts are which colors. it appears that the seat surround and side panel/lower are silver, and the tank/upper fairing/front fender are black? anyone know for sure?

can't they just make a dang single color 'busa?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

argh..i'm tired.
Yea, I think a single color is better . I added the Yellow Kanjis to be different. I don't know what color is under the decals on the 06 you have . I imagine it will be both colors , you can always paint the other parts.

rock.gif

Back