How much is this 2003 hayabusa Worth?

nychayabusa

Registered
Hi guys, just about ready to buy this bike. Was curious on if you think this is a good deal.

2003 Copper Hayabusa 40th Anniv. Price - $5300 (Talked him down, he just had a kid)
1000 original miles. Original owner
No mods whatsover.

The right fairing needs to be replaced. Say that goes for $430.00

I checked it out and it everything on it is pristine. I drove it and it rides perfect. I had an 02 so I know how these things are supposed to feel. He didn't get any recall work done, is there anythign critical that should be done? What do you guys think about the price? Worth it?

Thanks

Heh NY, I don't know about that price. I just had my 08 busa appraised...I've got 2500 miles on her. The dealer said blue book was between 7-8.5K. He said he would offer 5K and didn't even want the Busa since it is a niche bike for very few guys who ride this style of bike. That copper bike is great color but it is 5 years older than my bike already and not a Gen II bike....plus she's been slid.??? I think the price should be low 4K...but that is just my opinion. Call a Suzuki dealer and ask for Kelly Blue book ranges...it is well worth your time...also don't forget to factor that you can't get bank financing hardly at all on used bikes now...very very few places will do that...I guess I am just saying that you have some negotiating power with this guy...good luck and I hope you can get the bike at a fair mkt value instead of what this guy thinks his bike is worth. 2hip

As a previous AE owner, With 1000 miles I'd say it's a steal even needing a replacement fairing.............Just don't let the guys around here know where it's sitting :poke:

I paid just under 7 for my 05 2 years ago. It doesnt sound like a bad deal to me. I would sugest you get it looked at by a dealer first but thats just me. Hope it all works out! and Welcome to the .org!

I let my 03 go in 04 with 23k on her for 6800,

Wasn't the 03 LE the pumpkin Busa ?

Welcome to the oRg, buy it now if she is in good shape. Those are getting hard to find.

1000 miles on an 03 busa. I dont know about that, when I bought my 06 I put about 700 miles on it in a few days. I find it hard to believe the miles are correct but if they are that is a steal at that price even with the damage. :2cents:

1000 miles on an 03 busa. I dont know about that, when I bought my 06 I put about 700 miles on it in a few days. I find it hard to believe the miles are correct but if they are that is a steal at that price even with the damage. :2cents:

With the low miles and the damaged fairing...sounds like someone's shorts are now a little tight to ride it. The bike sounds like a steal to me. I'd buy it.

pcosho,

I said the same thing myself before I looked at it. It's just a neighbor of mine. Won't find the bike yet for sale online, sorry guys lol.

I looked over the entire bike and every single square inch shows that it hasen't been ridden. He cleaned it off but I still saw some cob webs on the wheels and some air was out of the tires. The bike was just too much for the guy and had no time to ride it.

If the wife puts me in the doghouse big time for getting it do you think that I coudl at least get my money back if I put it online for sale?

Thanks

What would you look for to prove or disprove a 2003' bike only has 1000 miles on it (not including the odometer)?
I think I might take off the metal covers to access the brake pads and look to see how much dust brake dust is on the bottom of those covers. It's just two little allen bolts.
What else guys?

Back