How much hp do u have

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
This is a calc i found it will tell you how much hp you have based on your quater mile time and weight. According to the calc my bike makes 151 hp at the crank and 128 hp at teh wheels.

You have to scroll down a bit

hp calc

Sounds pretty inaccurate to me.

Only would be accurate if everyone gets the same 1/4 mile time.

I could have a 300 hp turbo busa, but someone with a stock busa could kick the shiznat out of me in the 1/4 mile if they knew what they are doing.

Yeah thats what makes it so interesting. I thought i was making at least 150 to the wheel with full sys and pcII but guess i was wrong
laugh.gif

I scratching my head on this one because I know what Lucy makes at the wheel and there saying only 127 at the wheel, and 149 at the flywheel. Strange very strang I'm thinking..
rock.gif

It's calculated out a PERFECT run! It doesn't take into consideration traction, trap speed, wheelie, etc... So they are only basing it on your ability to ride 0-1320ft..

If you aren't running a faster ET then you aren't using the HP you have available. Meaning with that weight and ET, that's how much HP it will take to run that time!

yeah, I've had it dyno'd and my #s are about 30-35 more than that site. but some other cool calcs on there
cool.gif

It looks like it is basing the calculations without error for ineffeciencies.
I would guess it is probably "fairly" accurate assuming the calculations expect the bike and rider to be able to exploit 100% of the bikes power through the 1/4 mile.
... no spinning, wheelies, slippage, perfect gearing (whatever that implies), etc... just full throttle in a perfect world.

Assuming this "may" be the case... it provides a potential gap analysis from our actuals versus what we could do in theory.
Mine says my times could be made with about 45% less hp... (translation... I stink
blush.gif
 )

...yeah, your right... this thing is wacked ;)

It looks like it is basing the calculations without error for ineffeciencies.
I would guess it is probably "fairly" accurate assuming the calculations expect the bike and rider to be able to exploit 100% of the bikes power through the 1/4 mile.
... no spinning, wheelies, slippage, perfect gearing (whatever that implies), etc...
... OR BROKEN CHAINS!!!
wink.gif

You can calculate how much horsepower it would take to cover a certain distance if knowing the weight of the rider and bike and the time it took. But that doesn't mean thats your max HP just how much is needed to do that run.

YEah kind of like a how much hp do i have that im not using. Mine about 23 hp going wasted
wink.gif

I think some of you already figured it out.. assuming your figuring it on a near perfect run it should be close..
mine for example.. (not perfect.. but as close as I ever been anyway)

10.3 and figuring about 680 pnds put me at about 150 horsepower on a basically stock '01. 123@the wheel.

I have a full micron system.. but lets face it.. micron ain't known for huge gains.. especially when not running a PC.

plus I've never done better than a 1.79 60' so obviously I ain't exactly "pro" quality on the strip.

Back