How much hp can s2000's support?

turbojonn

Registered
How much hp can S2000 injectors support. Stockers top out at 300. At what point do the s2000's top out?

Gary, thanks for the info.
beerchug.gif
smile.gif

As I recall flow test on S-2000's showed that they are no larger than 380cc (36lb). If thats correct 350 is about the reasonable limit. Pushed to the limit they may go a little higher but this for example is what it would take for 370hp at the crank.
Assuming BSFC of .6
99% duty cycle
100 psi fuel pressure

My stock injectors were out at 287hp, AFR was 12.8-1 with "35s" in the cells of a PCII. We tried a PCIIIUSB and could get no more fuel. We ended up porting the gate some because we were getting creep and got the HP down to about 255hp at 10lbs and the AFR was now 11.8-12.0 to 1. NO WAY mine was gonna make 300hp with stock injectors.

I am gonna dyno mine saturday with S2000s. We are gonna map it for pump gas on the 10lb spring(low comp) and see what it does. Then we are gonna dump in the C16 and start turning the boost up. I figure on mine, its gonna take about 18psi for 310-320hp. Thats what we are shooting for. Hopefully it doesn't blow its wad.
SHOCKED.gif

I have gotten as high as 302rwhp with max'd stock injectors but they should not be pushed that hard as they would be close to 100% DC and going static. Stock Busa injectors are 280cc.

When I stuck the USB on there with stock injectors, it was showing 114% DC. LOL

Now with the S2000s at 255hp it barely hits 90% with only "10s and 14s" in the map.

I am going to go through my bike friday night with a fine tooth comb. I already tested and fixed boost leaks yesterday, gonna install new plugs, check the shim and lube the FMU, install stainless fuel feed line to the pump. I want this biotch to make 320hp, I don't care how much boost it takes.

(ZXALAN @ Sep. 27 2006,13:46) My stock injectors were out at 287hp, AFR was 12.8-1 with "35s" in the cells of a PCII.  We tried a PCIIIUSB and could get no more fuel.  We ended up porting the gate some because we were getting creep and got the HP down to about 255hp at 10lbs and the AFR was now 11.8-12.0 to 1.   NO WAY mine was gonna make 300hp with stock injectors.

I am gonna dyno mine saturday with S2000s.  We are gonna map it for pump gas on the 10lb spring(low comp) and see what it does.  Then we are gonna dump in the C16 and start turning the boost up.  I figure on mine, its gonna take about 18psi for 310-320hp.  Thats what we are shooting for.  Hopefully it doesn't blow its wad.
SHOCKED.gif
Were you guys doing any adjustments on the fmu or all with the pc?

(ZXALAN @ Sep. 27 2006,15:41) When I stuck the USB on there with stock injectors, it was showing 114% DC.  LOL

Now with the S2000s at 255hp it barely hits 90% with only "10s and 14s" in the map.

I am going to go through my bike friday night with a fine tooth comb. I already tested and fixed boost leaks yesterday, gonna install new plugs, check the shim and lube the FMU, install stainless fuel feed line to the pump.  I want this biotch to make 320hp, I don't care how much boost it takes.
The USB's 114% is just showing you that the map values you have put in would require 14% more fuel than can be obtained with the installed injectors.
320rwhp shouldn't be a problem assuming of course that something else doesn't give. I recommend water injection to everyone for safety and at least 103 unleaded for dyno work to protect the head gasket.

OZbooster, no adjustments to the FMU, at the time, the static was set at 43psi, the bleed screw was a half a turn out and the gauge showed 100 psi at full boost but it would eventually bleed down to about 70-80psi as the RPMs climbed to redline.

Now with the S2000s, I have the static at 30psi and the bleed is still a half a turn out.

Gary, thats interesting about the DC on the USB software because on my logworks software, DC is a solid 1-2 off of what the DC on the USB software says.

Ya I am gonna run at least 50/50 C16 and 93 oct on the hi boost pulls. Probably more C16 then 93 though. It will mainly be for dyno purposes and maybe a few runs on the street just to see how it runs. Then I will have to switch back to my 10lb map for normal street riding. It will be WAY too fat running the 17-18lb map at 10lbs so I will always have to flip maps. That sux.

Loosing pressure at high revs doesn't sound right, it sounds like your supply is restricted or pump inadequate or pump voltage inadequate.
No wonder your maxing out the pc.

Watch for the same prob with the s2k's

(ZXALAN @ Sep. 27 2006,16:36) OZbooster, no adjustments to the FMU, at the time, the static was set at 43psi, the bleed screw was a half a turn out and the gauge showed 100 psi at full boost but it would eventually bleed down to about 70-80psi as the RPMs climbed to redline.

Now with the S2000s, I have the static at 30psi and the bleed is still a half a turn out.

Gary, thats interesting about the DC on the USB software because on my logworks software, DC is a solid 1-2 off of what the DC on the USB software says.

Ya I am gonna run at least 50/50 C16 and 93 oct on the hi boost pulls.  Probably more C16 then 93 though. It will mainly be for dyno purposes and maybe a few runs on the street just to see how it runs.  Then I will have to switch back to my 10lb map for normal street riding.  It will be WAY too fat running the 17-18lb map at 10lbs so I will always have to flip maps.  That sux.
Dynojet has a new box coming out to tune vs boost pressure, not sure when it will be on the market, but saw a writeup about it.

All of the turbo bikes I have worked on with FMUs have some fuel pressure bleed off at high rpms. No way that thing could hold 100psi flowing when the injectors are at full boogey. it does it with either stock or S2000 injectors. I will watch for it on the dyno though see how low it goes.

All pumps will lose pressure as flow increases. It would take a big pump to maintain 100psi during high DC and the injectors may not like that much pressure when run above 80%. The pump manufactures have spec sheets available showing the relationship which should be the basis for which pump to use. The other critical factor is amp draw and as flow rate/pressure increase so does the power required. This is an issue as many bikes (Suzuki for sure) have marginal charging systems if you have more than OEM amp draw.

I would be most uncomfortable if my fuel pressure was dropping, leveling out maybe but not dropping.

Gary you sent me my first starter map in 03 and i remember the recommended pressures/boost table leveled at mid 90psi. my first fuel pump after a month or 2 couldn't sustain the pressures and the bike would fall off in the higher revs and felt flat when tested the pump would no longer go over 80psi , replaced with a 910 bosch and had no further problems.
ZXAlan Have a look at these calculators and see how much difference pressures can make
http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.htm

OZ, thats a pretty interesting site. Ya mine has always bled off fuel pressure at high rpms. It seems to level out around 70psi, I have never seen it go under that. I have had the kit on for almost 8k miles and its always done it. That sucker will peg 100 psi with only a grab of about half throttle and 3-4psi of boost.

I'm gonna try to watch it tomorrow but the particular dyno operator will not let me stay in the dyno room when they are making pulls so..... I may eventually put a transducer inline and start logging FP to see how much it actually drops. I got to get my LM1 reading correct AFR again first though.

I'm thinking of logging fuel pressures too, much easier to look at a log and see how things are working togeather than taking in several gauges at a glance.

I'll be looking for lots of smiley faces after saturday...

Back