How much fuel to add for changing from full system to sidewinder?

Dennis

Registered
I switched to a sidewinder (Vance and Hines) so that I could get a shorter pan (DME 1-1/2") since I broke a stocker earlier this year. Anyway, with the same tune as I ran on my Brock's Streetsmart pipe I seem to have lost about 2-3 mph and a couple tenths. I don't have a baffle for the sidewinder yet (on backorder) so I assume I need to add fuel. I also tried my nitrous map (+17%) via ECU nitrous control with no bottle and honestly it seemed to run the same. I think I'm going to buy a datalogger once I figure out which one to get but in the meantime, in general, what do you suggest for fueling adjustments? I'd be happy getting back to the same performance I had with the full system.

Better yet, if anybody has an ECU map for sidewinder and stock motor they would share I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

If you contact brocks they will give you free maps for your setup. Otherwise they will tell you everything u need to know. Good luck
Posted via Mobile Device

brocks will not give you a map for a v&h pipe lol

I've seen a loss in performance from sidewindered bikes with no baffle on fairly stock motors. They tend to be a little over developed.

Brocks doesnt do MAPs for ECU Editor.

No matter what anyone tells you it will only be a guess. You either need a data logger or you need to put it on a dyno. Those are really your only 2 options to get it right.

I'm going to buy a data logger. Just need to figure out which one to get. Would be nice to have it for next weekend.

Go do some research on the ECU hack forum. ECU editor has a data logger feature but I dont know what system they are using or how it works but you should be able to find some information on it in that arena.

I've read about that, but last I knew it meant duct taping your laptop to your bike. I don't think the track will let me get away with that. Someday when it runs on a smartphone it might be a good option.

It looks like the DL-32 has some bells and whistles but my main objective is mapping. I don't know why I would need the accelerometer stuff and other features.

Back