How Much For an '08 Busa?

3k03p83l2ZZZZZZZZZ92q26c9e4d6206b1d1d.jpg

Ok, sages of all things Busa,:bowdown: I just got an e-mail from this guy, asking $10,000 for the popular Halloween edition with Yoshimura R77 full system, X-TRE, PCIII, custom mapping by Southwest Superbikes of Dallas and Corbin saddle. 985 miles total and he says he has a dyno report showing over 180 hp rear wheel. Is it worth what he's asking?? Critterdoc, I already know what you're going to say!:laugh:

John

re: last post... I paid less in Sept for a more modified (incl all stock parts) one with slightly less miles. I did have to buy a $180 plane ticket and suffer 2,500 (GLORIOUS) miles riding it home however... (Actually this distance and ride thing helped seal the deal for me! Mountain riding on a new tuned Busa? And I knew it was the 'only' color choice for me as 'S' had already announced the 09 color schemes.)

Somebody else said it - it's worth what you will pay. And another - there is always a better deal....

I'll guarentee this - some folks are hurting because of this economy. I predict more will be losing their jobs soon (could be me?).....

When you make your deal don't look back! I've driven hundreds of miles round trip to buy used bikes and love doing it! (I have a buddy that sometimes rides along - is great fun!)

Have you tried cycletrader.com? You may lose a little temporary leverage here as spring is approx a month away.. Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
damn you guys find some deals!! in a few weeks when I have my money in hand is it cool to just get on the boards and grovel a little? haha maybe someone will point me where I need to be. (jacksonville bike prices are absurd)
Posted via Mobile Device

The guy just sent me some pics of the orange/black one and it's really gorgeous, appears to be immaculate with six months left on the warranty. I'd called him on the same bike almost two week agos and he told me the bike was sold, just waiting on the financing to go through.??? I was number three on the list if the finance deals fell through and they did so it's my turn.:thumbsup: Anyway, I've found it's best if you don't compare deals from one part of the country to the next. They're practically giving new '08 Hayabusas' away up in the rust belt where no one has a job. Texas' economy is still strong and we've got 12 months riding weather a year so you pay for it up front when you go shopping. Phone shopping, the best price I could find on a new orange/black '08 was in Texarkana, about 3 hours drive from me and equipped identically to this one it would set me back $13,000 + tax, title and license. Black ones are $500 cheaper. I might test the waters and shoot the guy a low ball price, a stack of crisp new $100 bills always seems to work here.:laugh: The black one up in Oklahoma is a no go. The seller fessed up the bike had been dropped and repaired. I won't touch that one with a long stick!:poke:

John

Last edited:

The guy just sent me some pics of the orange/black one and it's really gorgeous, appears to be immaculate with six months left on the warranty. I'd called him on the same bike almost two week agos and he told me the bike was sold, just waiting on the financing to go through.??? I was number three on the list if the finance deals fell through and they did so it's my turn.:thumbsup: Anyway, I've found it's best if you don't compare deals from one part of the country to the next. They're practically giving new '08 Hayabusas' away up in the rust belt where no one has a job. Texas' economy is still strong and we've got 12 months riding weather a year so you pay for it up front when you go shopping. Phone shopping, the best price I could find on a new orange/black '08 was in Texarkana, about 3 hours drive from me and equipped identically to this one it would set me back $13,000 + tax, title and license. Black ones are $500 cheaper. I might test the waters and shoot the guy a low ball price, a stack of crisp new $100 bills always seems to work here.:laugh: The black one up in Oklahoma is a no go. The seller fessed up the bike had been dropped and repaired. I won't touch that one with a long stick!:poke:

John

Looks like a deal. Or, You could come to Bartlesville, OK. Only about 4 or 4.5 hours from you and get a brand new '08 for $10,299. Less than 5 miles on the bike. Black and grey though, not orange.

Just saw it yesterday when I was picking up my R77 pipes. It is at Bartlesville Cycle Sports, our local Harley/Honda/Suzuki dealer.

Last edited:
Looks like a deal. Or, You could come to Bartlesville, OK. Only about 4 or 4.5 hours from you and get a brand new '08 for $10,299. Less than 5 miles on the bike. Black and grey though, not orange.

Just saw it yesterday when I was picking up my R77 pipes. It is at Bartlesville Cycle Sports, our local Harley/Honda/Suzuki dealer.

Big Ted if you add the goodies he's got on there you'd still be looking at $12,400 + TT&L so it's still saving me $2400 and I think I prefer the orange. The bike is only 5 months old, warranty is good until October '09 and I can tell he's the type that would rather polish than ride so the bike has been pampered. I think it's a good deal. One thing is for sure, like the man said, make your deal and don't ever look back. If you do you'lll never be happy cause there's always a better deal come along sometime. That being said, I was the first kid on the block to have a new ZX-14 back in '06 and paid almost full list to get it. I could have bought it a year later and saved a grand but I wouldn't trade the experience I had buying that bike for anything. More to life than just money IMHO.:thumbsup:
Just my .02.

John

Last edited:
You don't have to sell me on it. I think it's a good deal and if I was in the market I would have already been there looking at it. I was just giving you options to compare prices to see how good of a deal it really was. :beerchug:

I got my 08 for $9850 otd brand new from Suzuki of Sarasota, the also had a stock 08 with 1300 miles for $7995. just my 2 cents...

Doubt he'd take $8k. and if it were me, I wouldn't even call you back. $8500 is the lowest I'd offer, otherwise, move on and don't watse either of your time.

You don't have to sell me on it. I think it's a good deal and if I was in the market I would have already been there looking at it. I was just giving you options to compare prices to see how good of a deal it really was. :beerchug:

Here's the bike, I will look at it tomorrow and make a decision. I appreciate the inputs on what others paid in other locations of the country but unfortunately they're not that relevant here. You have to pay what the local market dicates and we're in Suzuki country here, all '08s long ago sold out. He might go $9500 but I doubt much lower, he's already had two other buyers fall through because of financing. The bike looks exceptional and it's loaded with all the goodies I would buy anyway.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

John

Last edited:
Back