How much do you pay for a new battery?

RedBusarider

Registered
Looks like I'm in the market for a new battery. GEN 1 - 2004

So it looks like a new battery from the dealer is $124.29 plus tax.

My questions are:

How much do you normally spend on a battery?
Do you get the OEM or another make?
Is there any one place that seems to have the best prices?
Do you buy online or go to a retail store?

I would like it ASAP but not looking to get a great price and then pay thru the nose for shipping!:please:

Any help welcomed.
Thanks in Advance.

I pay around $75 at the dealer. Make friends with someone who works at a shop. :beerchug:

That is an outrageous price for a regular battery!!!! Listen to the guys on here and go buy your battery from Advanced Auto parts or some store like that. They cost like $75 and install it yourself, positive on positive and negative to negative. The"Stealership" is charging you way too much. For that price you can buy a Lithium battery!

That is an outrageous price for a regular battery!!!! Listen to the guys on here and go buy your battery from Advanced Auto parts or some store like that. They cost like $75 and install it yourself, positive on positive and negative to negative. The"Stealership" is charging you way too much. For that price you can buy a Lithium battery!

I know it's outrageous, that's why I asked on here.

I stopped by a Walmart and they had one that is supposed to be AGM technology for $62.
I say that because I thought AGM were sealed from the factory - this one you still add the acid, then never add water to it again.
I was on the other side of town and didn't have the bad one with me.
So tomorrow I may stop by the one closer to work, (hope they have the right one there) then if I have to return the core, I can easier.
It also has a 3 year replacement warranty. So with any luck, that should mean during the next 3 years
I shouldn't have to spend any more on batteries - unless you count the gas to go and get it replaced. :laugh:

Pretty sure my next one will be lithium. A little more money, about twice the life, and 5 pounds lighter. My bike needs all the help it can get :laugh:

no matter what you get, if you always make a habit of leaving it on a trickle charger, they will last you a lot longer.
cycle gear often has a small one on sale for $15, I have a bunch of those.

Back