How much am I looking at for parts

funnyman3000

Registered
Just posted my accident in the accident forum. Just wondering where I go from here. Most sites I know are just accessories. Where are the best places to look for parts? How much am I looking at for the repairs? I plan to do all the repairs myself and think replacing the radiator will be the hardest part. If I find a good deal on plastics I'd replace those but can live with it naked. Even with new plastics I wouldn't mind doing flat black or a cool rhino bedliner paint I saw.

I'm selling all my fairings but the shipping from Alberta would be horrible. I think Rolling20Z is selling a set of fairings from his bike. If you were interested I could probably get mine down since my dad goes to Texas quite a bit with the company he drives for, but both Rolling and I have Gen 1 busa's so it might not work for you having an '09. Sorry to hear about your accident, that sucks man. Best of luck getting the Busa back on the go, at least now is the best time to do some mods and a real nice set of fairings

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Make sure you buy an "NEW" OEM front faring stay. I suggest buying new. It will cost you a bit,but after reading horror stories of after market ones and used. Brand new is the only route I would go. Unless it is from a source you can trust and will work with you if you have any problems. People can sell used ones that appeared straight and it turning out to be bend by 1/4". Justin Honda(site sponsor) can hook you up. Any other part you can buy used or new.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Make sure you buy an "NEW" OEM front faring stay. I suggest buying new. It will cost you a bit,but after reading horror stories of after market ones and used. Brand new is the only route I would go. Unless it is from a source you can trust and will work with you if you have any problems. People can sell used ones that appeared straight and it turning out to be bend by 1/4". Justin Honda(site sponsor) can hook you up. Any other part you can buy used or new.

+ a bunch on that!

I'm one of the aftermarket fairing stay horror stories. MotoBrackets.. Took 3 to get a good one, lousy customer service. Cheap, but what a bunch of clowns.
I sourced all my plastic pieces used (from several different model years of Gen 1) from Ebay and had them painted locally, a little less than half the price of new OEM plastics. All that fit good, the only fly in the ointment was the fairing stay. Yup, get a new OEM part there.:thumbsup:

If you only buy one thing new, buy a NEW, not used fairing stay. Most people that sell "mint" stays are not as mint as they think. A stay can be tweaked but still look fine. Go new.

Do you have full coverage insurance? If so I would let them handle it. With hitting a deer your forks could be bent or your frame also. I would bet you are looking at a minimal of $2500.00 in parts. Just my :2cents:

Justin at Honda east is defiantly the way to go. I just ordered a bunch of OEM stuff from him and knowbody could touch his price for them. I've heard to many horror stories about after market stuff. 1-877-437-1631

Thanks for all the references guys.

To the OP, you need to have the bike inspected by a respectable dealership/shop. With an impact like that then having the bike slide, there is the possibility of hidden damage or frame damage you might miss. It's worth paying a shop an crash inspection fee to get another set of eyes on it.

Once you get the estimate done, make sure to get a print out and I'd be more than happy to get you prices on everything you need to get the bike back in new condition

The deer had a crappy insurance company, they just keep giving me the run around :rofl:
Didn't have full coverage myself, so I'm on my own. From glimpsing at the Honda East website its looking like a little over $2,000 to get her running naked, and $4,000 to get her back to new.

I bought a few parts for mine off eBay, prices on aftermarket "oem style" parts were too good not to try. The radiator is pretty easy. I haven't seen your post so I'll check it out.

The deer had a crappy insurance company, they just keep giving me the run around :rofl:
Didn't have full coverage myself, so I'm on my own. From glimpsing at the Honda East website its looking like a little over $2,000 to get her running naked, and $4,000 to get her back to new.

You will get better pricing than our website, but I need to know everything you need. Like I said, if you have a crash estimate done by a local dealership, they can print out everything you need

i would say Justin at honda east OR a Decent Custom Nakes bike!!!

think Bking lookingish....GSXR1000 Tail....rewire, relight.. ;)

Back