How many years of fun

How many years have you been riding a motorcycle .

• Total voters
also would like to know what your first bike was ...what you learned on..im sure there will be some interesting starter bikes out there.

mine was a honda 125xl enduro my dad bought it from arkansas really cheap it didnt have a seat so we took some foam out of a small fold a seat( it was all the rage in the 80's) and ducked taped it to the seat frame lol it hurt like heck for a while untill it got wet and then formed a butt print into it then it was pretty comfy :laugh:

bad experience or just needed a brake?

After 3 yrs my privateer racing career on a 1991 Yamaha FZR 400 came to a fairly fast halt due to financial constraint after a couple crashes :unhappy:
It was hard to get back into the sport after having been riding at such a high level.
Older & a bit more restrained now...I'm ecstatic to be more involved in the sport then ever before :thumbsup:

Two wheels five, added a motor at twelve ....

:lol:

Haven't seen you posting up as much recently Robert. Your sense of humor has been missed as of late :agree:

Last edited:
Having been riding for only 3 years, I have experienced a lot of great things and seen a lot of beautiful things. The people that I have meet while riding is what keeps me riding. I am glad that I finally got the nerve up to learn to ride!

After 3 yrs my privateer racing career came to a fairly fast halt due to financial constraint after a couple crashes :unhappy:
It was hard to get back into the sport after having been riding at such a high level.
Older & a bit more restrained now...I'm ecstatic to be more involved in the sport then ever before :thumbsup:

:lol:

Haven't seen you posting up as much recently Robert. Your sense of humor has been missed as of late :agree:

I've been missing my buds here at the oRg as well. My socializing seems to be a problem tho.

what did you learn on ?

Kawasaki Mach III 250cc 2 stroke

Honda QA50, lil fat tire was my first bike at 11. Graduated to an RM80, what a different ride at 12 years old!
Posted via Mobile Device

1st real bike was my brand new 1979 Sportster! before that is was anything i could cobble together. Old BSA's 350's or other cast off motors on nastily welded together frames with magnetos, raked forks and no brakes! Yeah we were cool! :laugh:

Two wheels, was a 1950-ish Firestone fat tire hand me down bike.

Honda XR80 at the age of 8, then moved into various 125 dirt and 250 enduro bikes as time went by until I was 16 and able to get my M endorsement. :thumbsup:

Started on 1985 Honda Interceptor in 2003 while in Hawaii. Bought Busa in 2004 and loving it ever since.

Honda either a SL70 or a CL70, don't remember to many years ago, went from there to a honda CB350, it was a great bike for its day (1973) :laugh:..many, many bikes since then..

Been20 some years for being on motorized 2 wheels. First was a moped then birt bikes 3&4 wheelers, jetski's, now street bikesfor the last 8 years. First real street bike was a Yamaha V-Star 650 custom ,then the Warrior, a ZR-7 which I sold for the Busa

I learned at a buddies farm, rode a Honda Xr80 kids bike then his XR500 all in the same day. I was pretty hooked from the start. I bought my first street bike over 3 years ago. 2003 Honda CBR 600RR and have since owned and sold that and a 03 GSXR 1000 sold that on Friday and will be buying within the next month a 05 Hayabusa.

Honda XR-100, 4stroke,
Honda CRF-230F, four stroke
learned on those, then moved to street @ 19

first bike,
YAMAMAHA FZR 1000, the LE Lance Hines bike w/ PC and everything else, with the L&H race yellow and purple.. 24k miles bought it for 2.9k CASHHHHH

engine blew after one summer, while on the highway...

soo now im paying off my 2007 busa, Black!
:D:D

Back