How many people started with a busa?

LeDauz

Registered
ok this question is smiple how many of those out there have started on a busa?

By this i mean literally less than a day of riding experince any type of motorcycle this includes little 50cc when u where a kid or dirt bikes or cursers.(also gana include taking any riding courses)

am askiing because i seen/read the threads about haveing one as a first bike and it doesnt seem like anyone could honestly say they started on a busa with no riding experince

by any chance there is anyone here that does fit this question:wat mods have u done to date?how fast have u gone? have you thought about getting nitros/turbo(if so wat shot or turbo kit u thought about so far)?

mmm i sort of fit this question...i started riding two months ago, bought a yamaha fz1 as my first bike, bought the bike before i ever even rode a motorcycle....learning was a cinch, as i've driven a manual car for years and just take things up quite easy, specially when it comes to engines and vehicles. Rode the fz1 for about 1,000 miles and sold it last month, and picked up an 06 hayabusa a few weeks ago. Going great so far, the bike is solid, and while it's a mammoth of a bike, i know my limits, i don't go taking corners at 800 MPH yet (though i do jump on the throttle quite often on straight roads...but that's more or less a 'safe' practice in the right areas)

My first bike was a Suzuki, but it was a V-Strom :whistle:

I listened to peoples advice about learning to ride on something less sporty at the beginning, however I was never happy until I got a sportsbike. I kind of wish I hadn't listened to them, but in hind sight it was probably the best thing for me.

Nope, started on a Ninja 500, and over the years gradually moved up (6R, 10R, busa).

Ride safe,
D

I started on a 600. Practiced for 3 months and sold the bike to buy the Busa. At first the busa was hard to handle, but I got use to it within a month or so. You can't learn how to ride a bike with no experience on a 1300R. The bike will just throw you around like a doll.

i'd rented a bike (v rod) and ridden for a couple days. my buddy let me ride his r6 for a couple weeks to get my endorsement before that. the busa is "my" first bike. love it. just make sure you're comfortable on the bike before you pin it. vicious only begins to describe the acceleration in first and second. third is still disgustingly quick, but less violent. the other three gears, well, i don't really WOT them.

ok i guess some people took the question out of context so let me re explain it if you regularly rode any kind of motorcycle before this your answer should be no

if your thinking that your answer might be yes because you havent rode a motorcycle in over a decaded before getting on your busa; then you should still say No

if you barrowed a friends bike a couple of times a week for a while its still No

so it sense the question is and still remains : Has anyone started/learned on a busa?(for a shake of avoiding to much conflict ill still take a yes if you rode another motorcycle if it was less than 8hours of total motorcycle time ever)

ok this question is smiple how many of those out there have started on a busa?

By this i mean literally less than a day of riding experince any type of motorcycle this includes little 50cc when u where a kid or dirt bikes or cursers.(also gana include taking any riding courses)

am askiing because i seen/read the threads about haveing one as a first bike and it doesnt seem like anyone could honestly say they started on a busa with no riding experince

by any chance there is anyone here that does fit this question:wat mods have u done to date?how fast have u gone? have you thought about getting nitros/turbo(if so wat shot or turbo kit u thought about so far)?

My first bike is my Busa. Bought it the night I took my drivers safety course. However, I do have experience on off-road bikes from my past. A Busa isnt dangerous. The drivers are.....

After having this as my first bike, I have many friends that I tell not to start on a Busa, mostly younger more reckless personality types. I have had a few gut-checks on mine and I am a super safe driver...just lacking the road experience. We (my group) get in situations almost everytime we go out due to weather or inattentive drivers...

other than stealing my dad's bike for joy rides when he was out of town & I was 12.the busa was my first bike

After MSF course, I started on a Ninja zx6r for two months. Sold it and bought my Busa :thumbsup: Still a very cautious rider here keeping it within my limits. Did lots of practice on zx6r. Slow maneuvers, emergency techniques, swerves and all. Rode my Busa 350miles from dealer in Ohio to my home in Maryland. Love the Busa!

Busa1OH.jpg

I'm a no but I consider the busa my first motorcycle.

When I was 19 I bought a Yamaha R1 from a car dealership my uncle owned. Had it for a week rode it twice and couldn't get insurance on it for less than 4k a year. Took it back to my uncle and then about 7 years later I bought an 07 Suzuki Hayabusa which I had for about 2 months before trading it in for a Harley Davidson FLHX. Now I'm back to the busa for good. :)

I should also add that the Busa is why I got into motorcycles. When I first saw the picture of one in 1999 it was true love at first sight and I said I have to have one. I grew up in a really small poor town and the only motorcycles I saw where either old cruisers or old ninjas from like the mid 80s. It really is a rags to riches story.

Last edited:
i started by getting my license with my busa... does that count? but i started with other bikes... i guess because busas weren't made when i started... dam i'm old...

FFI for you military types.

I took it the OP that the question is "Was the Busa the first bike you every rode?" if you can't follow basic instruction maybe you shouldn't ride motorcycles.

If your answer is "Yes, but" then your answer is simply "no".
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
In my mind every bike was a Hayabusa even when they didn't exist. I was just waiting for the day that one came around. Goals vs expectations kind of thing. :thumbsup:

I lI started with a Katana 750 (learned how to ride in the dealership parkinglot the night I bought it). Spent 5 years with that and just bought the Busa last fall.

Back