how many on stock cans

delbert

Registered
just wondered how many of you are running stock cans , i took my slip ons off today and put the stockers back on , must say i found the bike ran a lot smoother low down & extra 2 mile per litre .
Think i will keep em on for a while , any one else find this ?

origional cans...couldnt see paying what they want for them...and i like the stock sound

I'm still on the stock exhaust on the '08.

1. I actualy prefer a quiet bike
2. Track time/track bike suck up most of my funds.

I'll get around to it eventually. Losing 35-40lbs off the bike is too much to pass up.

I like being stealthy,........but the stock cans are heavy and very restrictive,........so I chose the ever so commom, not as loud as many other aftermarket cans,...........Yoshimura. If you are good with the hp output and no noise,....keep the stockers. Either way you look at it,.............quiet or loud,.............WE are still some the fastest machines on the planet!! :race:

ive had my 08 for 2 wks and the stock cans got taken last tues. and they will never be back on again, they are ridiculously ugly and heavy. i didnt want a loud bike either, i put some scorpion slip ons on it and they are one of the quietest exhaust i have heard but look much better

My bike had stock cans on it when I bought it wrecked. After rebuilding it, I decided to lose them because one of them had almost been grinded down on the side. I bought some Micron bolt-ons and loved the sound. I am actually thinking about modifying my stock header into a four into one and put my Micron back on. I have a TI Force full system but I still love the Micron sound.

I just took the stockers of last week. It is smoother with stock cans.
yosh has a full duplex system and others on sale, 550 TYD
I like the extra power and sound; its not really loud but sounds sweet at idle and when at WOT. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings to have the stockers back on. Their quite and sound good @ WOT and the bike ran strong and smooth; just seems to me that one mod keeps leading to another LOL

200.00 pair of two brothers slip on here, bought them used, didn't see any difference in performance or fuel consumption. Love to hear it pur an sometimes growl :laugh: i wouldn't pay to much for slip on's

i cut and gut mine and i am pretty happy with the modified stock look overall.

20090818_13.jpg

I've thought many times about an after market exhaust, but have never got one. Still running the stocks on mine.

Hmm, I'm surprised that there are quite a few that actually prefer the stock cans. Just got my Busa 10 days ago and already thinking what full system to put on it.

Unfortunately, I still have mine on. I'd love to get the Alien Head system from Brocks but, I'm still trying to save up for them :whistle: At first I was leaning more towards tiforce but, I decided I wanted to for that low profile type of look.

Last edited:
I've had my new '09 since the beginning of June and as soon as the riding season is over (aka first snowfall :thumbsup:) The full exhaust is getting ordered up and installed!

Back