How Many Miles?

1313R

Registered
This is a simple question. I've had several bikes and they all seem to end up with "high mileage" rather quickly. I bought my 40th Busa August 26th. Even with ALL THE RAIN we've been having, I've still managed to log 2177 miles. Seems to be a lot of mileage in this amount of time when I see 2001 models in cycle trader mags with 1800 miles. The question I have is.... What kinda mileage have you guys logged in a month? Maybe I shouldn't ride as much. :super: YEAH RIGHT! However, if I didn't maybe, I'd have more posts by now. Anydamnways, lets go RIDE! :devil:

Only about 250 in about a month of ownin' 'er. My schedule just hasn't worked out with the weather. My schedule is opening up now, though. I should be addin' the miles quicker over the next month. Found a great, smooth, low traffic twistie road today to practice on, too. Can't wait for my next "no rain" day off!!! :super:

Dayum! Thats a lot of riding. What kind of tires are you running? What about mileage per tire?

Hi Gang:
The good news.......
I have put on over 12,000 miles on my bikes since June 25 th !
However, only about 600 miles ont he new ' busa .
The bad news.....
In about 6 weeks , the riding season  be over here in NE PA.

Withdrawal symptoms can be brutal.

Roaddust

Roaddust, I agree I'm in upstate ny and it's coming to an end! I bought mine July 25 and have logged 3000+/- its a 03' and was new. But it was down for a couple of days waiting for the undertail to be painted, lost some crucial ride time. As for Raiderdm, must be nice to live where you can ride year around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush: :blush: :tounge: :tounge:

Roaddust, I agree I'm in upstate ny and it's coming to an end! I bought mine July 25 and have logged 3000+/- its a 03' and was new. But it was down for a couple of days waiting for the undertail to be painted, lost some crucial ride time. As for Raiderdm, must be nice to live where you can ride year around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush: :blush: :tounge: :tounge:
I used to livr in NY. Interceptor 1000 was sole means of transport 365 days a year. Being a biker isn't something you do...its something you are.

:thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

When I ride to work it's 100 miles round trip. So I can put upto around 2000+ miles a month depending on weather.

Hey you bought your busa to ride right? So dont worry about the mileage, ride her hard and put her up wet. There is no point in buying something that makes your garage look good. I am about to be in Marietta GA in mid to late jan. so maybe i will see ya around.

When I ride to work it's 100 miles round trip.  So I can put upto around 2000+ miles a month depending on weather.
Yep, me too, 100miles round trip to work = 2000miles per month, PLUS a blast at the weekend = 2500 to 3000 miles each month.
I picked up my new 03 busa on Friday 31st August and had to take it in on Saturday 1st to get it in for its first service - fantastic :beerchug:

Andy

my first ride on my 03 busa was march 27th and now have 9356 miles on her. Shooting for 10,000 before i have to put her up for the winter. Was 26 degrees when i went to work on her this morning. Do i love this bike?:cool:

I'm aiming for riding year-round as long as the roads are clear!
...put 750 miles on my new Busa, and it's only been 12 days! I'm happy! :D

In a quandry--need to keep up juice and movement on 4 rides, Harley, Busa, Vette and Silverado. Would have to be moving day and night to put big miles on all 4. Not that I am complaining. I like doing them all........

11,500 in 13 months. Not counting being down for winter December through mid March. It would be more than that if I wasn't laid off.

Later,

Steve

Back