How many miles?

There is no pat answer, but I've seen ridiculously high mileage examples of modern, liquid cooled Japanese motorcycles.

If you take good care of it, change oil/filter/coolant at proper intervals, make the valve checks and perform other routine maintenance, hell, wouldn't surprise me if you got 75K to 100K out of the motor before it needed anything substantial by way of overhaul.

Phatroy..a week or so ago said he has 77K on his. And BigO well over 50K--no problems reported.
tounge.gif

A bike engine will last just as long as any car engine. I know of plenty of bikes from the 70's and 80's with over 150,000 miles. I've never understood why so many people trade their bikes in when they start to near 20K miles, like it's nearing the end of it's useful life...yet a car with 20K miles is considered brand new.

Use whatever oil you want and change it regularly and the engine will still be going strong 15 years from now.

Keep in mind this only applies to Jap bikes, a hardley requires a top end rebuild after the ride home from the dealer
smile.gif

And those Duc's! Holy crap, rebuilt the engine every 6K miles! Yeah it's only a valve adjustement but for what's involved and the cost you might as well call it an engine rebuild
smile.gif

smile.gif

My '83 Suz gs1100 has somewhere in the 60,000 range, and the odo was broke for a while. It still runs great, probably has a lot of miles left in it, although I haven't ridden it much since I got the busa.
biggrin.gif

Back