How many miles per tank???

rikrok

Registered
I found out the hard way today that the fuel sending unit does not work very well on this used Busa I bought. I know this will differ with driving habits, but about how many miles can I go til I need to start looking for a gas station. I figure it will be easier to use the tripometer rather than pull the tank off at this point.

Thanks

Anywhere from 150 to 275 depending on the amount of fuel you put in the tank and the condition of your ride, how you ride, your weight, how many miles are two up, and how much your passenger weighs, is there a head wind, a tail wind, crosswinds, etc. :whistle:

Anywhere from 150 to 275 depending on the amount of fuel you put in the tank and the condition of your ride, how you ride, your weight, how many miles are two up, and how much your passenger weighs, is there a head wind, a tail wind, crosswinds, etc. :whistle:

I think the max I could get on my 04 Busa is 180 miles per tank. The best mpg I've ever seen is 40 mpg and I have to either baby the hell out of it or be cruising in 6th on the interstate to get that.

I do 200 then fill up when on trips . Since I don't do city driving much at all, I don't know what stop and go would do :beerchug:

My '06 and '08 stock would show 50 MPG if I took it easy and kept her in her sweet spot around 4K. I don't think with the pipe and PC I'm doing that well. 200 is probably as far as I would push it if I didn't know. Hate walking to a station and paying $10.00 for a quart gas can and then $ 2.30 / gallon and walking back to find someone helped themselves to my bike while I was hiking :laugh:

I get 48mpg heading down the interstate toward Mobile and about 33 riding in the mountains in NC so it depends on what you are doing:)

I set my trip meter and start looking for gas at about 120 miles.
I know that's bad mileage but I rarely get past 4th - just feels better with a little more RPM's in the hand.
I have tried 6th once on a run to SD and I got fairly decent mileage, but I very rarely do this.
Bubba

If I keep the revs around 4K, I can go about 200 miles between fillups. Anything after that and the mileage goes south in a hurry....

I found out that tire pressure plays a significant role also...check at least once a week

Stock gearing and I stay around 80mph +/- on the highway, and ride calmly on the street 80% of the time. :) Pure city riding I can get about 160~180 miles. Highway 200+ with around 42~43mpg HWY...35~38 city.

Wow......i'm impressed with every1, the best i've ever gotten out of my '06 was 41 mpg. that was locked on the highway steady at 80 for a long time. generally, i put fuel in her when I get about 140 on the trip.

Getting 25 mpg :whistle: after the speedohealer is calibrated I will start tracking down why....maybe cause of backfire and the small bits of flame my exhaust does? :laugh: Will look at that soon....

Back