how many miles per rear tire?

05busa05busa05

Donating Member
Registered
I know there will be a broad range but i'm curious how many miles you can expect/have gotten on your rear tire(s). Thanks!

I just changed a bridgestone bt014 and got about 5200 miles out of it. those are hard miles track,hittn the twisties, commuting and highspead runs. great sticky tire ..
biggrin.gif

I know there will be a broad range but i'm curious how many miles you can expect/have gotten on your rear tire(s).  Thanks!
I no longer buy tires based on expected tread life. I keep getting nails in my tires. I've only replaced one due to wear, and it had almost 5000 miles on it, the second and third tires both were killed at a young age by nails. I am now on my fourth rear and have only 8000 miles on the bike.

Kev

Mine last about 3,000 miles. It depends on the tire and how hard you ride it. I've run the stock bridgestone, d208s, metzler sportec m1s, pilot powers, and diablo corsas.

Softer the tire- faster it wears.
Harder you ride- faster it wears.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117955168 -->

I got around 5,000 of out my stock tires, now I'm on my set of Pilot Powers:D . BTW don't ask VA, I'm still trying to figure out how she got all those miles out of her tires!
laugh.gif

I have 4600 on my stock rear tire. Just had it looked over and it's got a pretty good amount of life left. Should get over 5000 with the greatest of ease.

Btw: Burnouts are way cool, but a serious waste of money.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117965795 -->

I got 6000mi. on my stock set, then switched to Avons.On my way home with the new tires, I picked up a nail. Got the tire plugged, and have 3000mi. on it. Still looks like new.

Ive just mounted my super corsa on my new chrome wheel, I'll let you know.:)

Mine turned 800 miles tomight. Uhhhh, theres alot of wear....

Of course i have been down the drag strip about 20 times .

The way my tire looks now... i dont think its going to last over 2500 miles... already 2000 miles on it!!

I got 5800 outta the stock rear tire, and about 4200 outa the dunlop 208. Just put a new front on at 10k miles. All new meat on, she feels like brand new!

Eight thousand miles on my stock rear tire so far and still going strong.  Just a hint of tread indentions close to the center of the tire.  Hit the center wear bars a couple of thousand miles back.  Good tread on the sides.  One inch chicken strips.  Inspection comes up next month so I will replace the tire right before, maybe sooner, no matter what.

Stockerjo

um been through too many tires to list by now, but can say the best mileage tire so far has been the Avon Azro's.
the rear I got right @ 8000 miles on it, the front is still looking good.

I replaced the rear yesterday with a Conti Force, for spits and grins, till my tire I ordered comes in.

I like the battaleaxes (010's / 012), but never got over 2500 miles out of any of them.

The dunslops never lasted to 1200 miles.

I got about 5700 out of the BT-56 original rear, but since I've started doing track days, and I'm pushing it a LOT harder, I doubt I'll get anywhere near that anymore. I'm actually going to see how fast I can destroy the BT-56's this time so that I can go ahead and get a full set of Pilot Powers.
laugh.gif

No burnouts...just hard riding
cool.gif

at the moment i'll be lucky to get 4000 out of my 56 j spec would have been worse but i've slowed the take offs quite a bit been riding around with my friends they have Harlies easy to ride slower that way
laugh.gif

Must be a florida thing with the nails. I have 3,500 miles on my bike now. The original tire picked up a nail and my new one with barely 500 miles just picked up another nail. It's only a really slow leak so I havent decided to replace it or just ride it out.

Back