How many miles on one tank?

Dman

Registered
How many miles under typical day-to-day riding conditions do you guys get before you need to fill up at the pump again?

I am very close to purchasing my first Busa and this is the first of many quesstions I have that I have not been able to find an answer to yet.

as high as 200 here, and as low as 140 too... But, I prolly don't ride balls to the wall all 140 so, it could be worse... MUCH WORSE as Ninja said!

How many miles under typical day-to-day riding conditions do you guys get before you need to fill up at the pump again?

I am very close to purchasing my first Busa and this is the first of many quesstions I have that I have not been able to find an answer to yet.
Welcome Dman, I usually get about 140-150. The motor is still pretty new so I am hoping the milage improves a little more...

New to riding or just new to the Busa?

I usually go anywhere from 140 to 180. I get mileage in the range of 32 mpg if I'm reving it pretty hard or if I'm just cruising, anything under 90mph, I can get as much as 45mpg.

so basically you guys start looking for a gas station around 120 miles, assuming you have not been hammering it

I start looking at 150ish. I get 34 - 39 displayed MPG. I ride a mix of hard and cruising. Once on a roade trip it read 49.9 MPG at 65-70mph. I'm at 3600 miles on my 03

Keep in mind with the speedo 8-12% off all those numbers read incorrectly for real world !%$#$@#& but it's an okay reference

As high as 291. I'll break 300 soon enough.
laugh.gif

260 on one tank doing about 80mph with no mods everything stock except the appearance oh'yeah two up on the rear sprocket.

I start looking for gas as soon as I hit reserve. I think I have about .7 gallons left once I hit reserve. For me that is about 130-140 miles for hard riding and 170-180 for cruising. I'm pretty sure my tank is a 5.0 gallon tank but the specs for 2002 said it was supposed to be 5.5 or 5.8 I think. Don't know where the extra space went, but I'm sure mines a 5.0. That's probably the reason some of the guys are getting 200 miles on a tank versus some of us getting 160 or 170.

During the week <to and from work> My reserve light comes on between 190 & 200. I have gone as far as 271. Thats at 80-90 mph 33.8 miles each way. Bike is stock except for Seat & Tires. Bike currently has 24038 miles & is an '02 model.

fireskull.gif

I have a K3 with just under 1000 on the clock. so far the lowest recorded MPG is 49 and the highest is 56 (thats imperial not US MPG.So I dont ride the bike that slow and even keeping to the break in speed up to 500 miles 5500 K revs the bike is hardly what you could call slow.Top speed so far is only 130 two up, and still gives me 50 MPG.The thing about the Busa is that you dont have to rev the poop out of it to frighten yourself to death,Just open the throttle in any gear and it does that.
The MPG figures are better than a 600 Bandit I once had and much better than a GSXR750.Im doing to be touring France,Spain and Portugal in september so I will keep everyone posted to my average figures.
MPG figures can be almost anything you want from from 10 on the grag strip up to 65 doing 60mph on the
firedevil.gif
freeway!

If I'm working the twisties in low gears I'm around 25mpg. If I'm in 6th and cruising at a leisurely pace on the highway (80mph, calibrated speedo), 45mpg, sometimes higher. A lot of variation -- I have about 1600mi on the odo at this point, maybe more.

My K1200RS (600lbs, 130hp, shaftie) used to get 34mpg, no matter what I did or how I did it -- very weird.

I never pay attention to mileage, it has a fuel guage. I have an aftermarket exhaust system and ride on streets and canyons. The guage says I've averaged 31miles/gallon for the last 6,000miles. What reserve?? As far as I know my busa doesn't have a reserve(its got a fuel guage).

I never pay attention to mileage, it has a fuel guage.  I have an aftermarket exhaust system and ride on streets and canyons.  The guage says I've averaged 31miles/gallon for the last 6,000miles.  What reserve??  As far as I know my busa doesn't have a reserve(its got a fuel guage).
The time between when the teeny yellow light on the gas gauge & when you actually run out of gas...That is reserve.

tounge.gif

ummm are you sure? On all other bikes a "reserve" is an "additional" tank that you have to manually switch to by turning a knob. What's left in the tank(especially when its only one tank) is not your "reserve" fuel but the fuel you have left. Who knows I could be wrong too.

Back