How many miles do you get on your rear tire?

I would think 4500 - 6000 miles would be normal? What do you get?

I would think 4500 to 6K ridiculously unacceptable! But then again I'm cheap and have yet to do any "canyon carving" :D

Currently have about 26K on a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's. Oddly enough the front is balder than the rear, I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Stock (original) tire I have is about done at 5500 Miles. I was thinking I could wait another 500, then I found a piece of metal stuck in it and now going with the Q2.

I get 5500 out of Q2s

I could see that too. There are a lot of variables involved from rider weight to riding style, and type of roads. I'm a big guy who's not shy with the right wrist and rides almost exclusively in the mountains. I tend to wear out the edges of a tire before the center.

I tried the PR2 once. The front wore out quicker than the rear, and it just didn't have the traction I needed up front. After a few slips (luckily no falls), they came off the bike.

I'm light weight and do a lot of highway riding. I run the Q2s because its the piece of mind that I know when I want to pick up the pace the traction is there. The only time I have got them to slip is cold tire or getting to the end of there life.

My last set of Q2s were so chopped it was a real, treat, to ride... I haven't been able to wear out a set of tires without destroying them with a nail or something.

Depends on which tires I'm using an where I'm riding. Avon Storm 2 go 8,000-9,000 miles. Bridgestone BT003rs last about 1/2 of that.

I usually get around 4500 on a sport front/sport touring rear. Sport rears last about 3000 miles. Sides go before the middle for me too, and both ends wear pretty much evenly. All brands that I've tried yield the same mileage results. Performance varies widely though.

One track day and four hard rides left me with bald rears at 1,400 miles. Mounting a set of Q3's to see how they fair. No commuting miles, just hard twisties. Front still looks 1/2 used.

i normally get about 6k out of my shinkos....but after my last night's goofing off ....it will be allot less i think lol

Picture 004.jpg

depends on the tire and what i'm doing

rear Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa 2500-3000
rear Pirelli Angel ST 5500-6000
front Pirelli Diablo Rossa Corsa 7000-10,000

mounting a rear Pirelli Angel GT next week and should be able to tell you how long it lasts by the middle of August :beerchug:

I've got close to 8,000 miles on a set of Avon Storm 2s and there is still plenty left to go.

I could see that too. There are a lot of variables involved from rider weight to riding style, and type of roads. I'm a big guy who's not shy with the right wrist and rides almost exclusively in the mountains. I tend to wear out the edges of a tire before the center.

I tried the PR2 once. The front wore out quicker than the rear, and it just didn't have the traction I needed up front. After a few slips (luckily no falls), they came off the bike.

Maybe we could swap tires, I ride with mostly all Harleys, and wear the crap out of the center of a tire. My last one still had the nipples on the edge, LoL

Back