How many miles between oil changes

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I use the mobile mx4t and my personal vehicle rule of thumb is 3000 miles between oil changes. I know what the manual says don't really care in this aspect.

I'm sitting @ 2300 between changes with oil and filter sitting on the table. Figure I should wait a few more weeks but....

How long do you guys usually wait between changes and please state your type of oil used, as that would have some bearing on miles between changes.

Any info in this area appreciated, want to keep my baby running great for a long long time.

2000 miles between

10W 40 Amsoil Synthetic

Zuke filter

Usually 2000.But I'm gonna start every 1500 miles after this oil change at 5000.Some may say that's anal,but I use Zuke 10-40 oil and Zuke filter it costs me 40 bucks and an hour of time.Talked to the parts guy and he changes his every 600 with the same oil.....That's a little much,cheap insurance I guess
rock.gif

I go about 3000 between changes and I am using a full synthetic 5-40 made by Valvoline
designed for diesel engines
wink.gif

Mobil Extra 4T: Semi-Syn 10w-40.
4000 Km.

The stuff is amazing.

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154263715 -->

I change 2000-2500 miles... still use Dino oil... Motul brand with a stock filter.. I've heard that its not good to use full synth with low miles on the bike. I only have about 4800 so i'm thinking when i get to 6000+ i'll switch over. I'm actually thinking about switching to a blend with the next oil change.

Suzuki Filter and Mobil MX4T every 3,000 for me.

I was using Castrol and when I changed the oild it scared me. The Mobil is made for bikes. It shifts much better now.

Well I guess I'm an idot (I . ) to, I just dropped mine at 2300 using synthetic. Got to much crap going on in the next couple weeks (may be moving as result of the D-vorce) to worry about changing oil latter.

Rather have it out with fresh stuff in than push it. Nothing beats a smooth running engine and if changing oil early helps it last longer and run better, oil is a small price to pay.

I used to change once every 3000km, but read in several sources that it was completely wrong to do so so early since the oil isn't given the chance to work properly. So last time I changed oil after 5000 and the oil still looked fine.

I now changed to full synthetic 10-60w oil, reaaaally smooth on the tranny now, I was told it could just eat up a little after a long trip but I think it's worth it. Stock oil filter for me!

Back