How many Miles are on your Busa/Any problems?

Received May99,copper/silver,has 5116 miles plus on the bike,small problems notthing major,chain tenior/gas filter replacement recall, some shifting problem,other than that no major problem.One small noise problem in recent month,right side of bike only when warming up and first time starting in the morning will check this weekend after the oil change,air filter cleaning or changing.

Topped 500 miles yesterday on 2000 Blue/Silver. No Problems at all. Love this bike. Sounds like monster too! Spoiled in AZ with lots 'o straights!

10,400 on the copper bullet. ( Jacketed for the shooters out there). Had the cam chain recall done of course. This bike was not eligable for filter recalls. It seemed to be running strong, but began backfiring regularly after hard riding deceleration. I ran two ounces of STP injector cleaner in a tank of gas and had only one backfire in my last romp through the hills. The ripping electric acceleration has returned as well. I'll probably use the injector cleaner regularly from now on. Maybe every 3,000 miles or so.

700 miles on my red 00... Not a single problem.. maybe an irregular idle.. but I aint complaining.. my guess is its suppose to be like that.. The sticker says to idle at 1250 rpm and my is at 1500.. Dont laugh you guys.. the only thing I know about my bike is what the owners manual and what the stickers say.. And of course all the great info I find here!!!!!! This board is awesome! Kuddo's are in order..

Just use the black idle adjusting knob which is located by the rear brake lever above the oil fill. Counterclockwise to drop idle. Adjust after motor is warm. 1050 -1250 rpm.

99' 5900 miles - no problems
00' 2350 miles - same

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 28 March 2000).]

My first Hayabusa 2000 miles no problem ( exept the two rear tires.... but what to expect when U are having fun ? )
The second one 6000 miles and no problem...well rear and front tires. Cant help it. I love to put my wheels in the air.
Oh.. one thing. I hate the orginal chain. Must be some really cheap ones..hehe
( first hayabusa is in molecyles right now. Waithing for a greater life as a 1472cc monster )

Only 450 miles on my Red&Grey '00. Only problem was a rough idle cured by doing the TPS calibration and throttle body sync. Now she idles like a tiger cub purrs.

Finally I'm getting the time and weather to put some miles on.

I need thinner helmet cheek pads too.

Back