How many Miles are on your Busa/Any problems?

1200 miles on my red/gray.
One problem, I'm a mellow rider, but everytime I take a trip on the back road, I repeatedly shred tire, and pick the front off the grond, and ride like a hooligan, I don't seem satisfied until I do. Is this normal....? ;)

4203 miles.
Nary a problem. Just can't figure out which pipe to put on my BUSA, did the airbox mod (just the floor of the box "within the perimeter of the filter"),ordered a Schnitz triple clamp, and Schnitz lowering kit for the rear, cut the rear fender, removed the steel plates is the cans (instead of drilling them). Who know's what's next???

2600 miles, recall work, oil filter mounting screw leaks around joint to block, metal shavings in coolant overflow tank-twice, rear brake is dragging bad enough to turn rotor purple once in a while and is real soft(tried bleeding)...thats it so far.

1400 miles on Y2K Blue/Silver. Not a single problem. I've even had it at the track for 1/4 mile runs. Face seems to be permanently fixed into smile mode. Will probably have to buy new cheek pads for helmet.

Rain again today, so, did 500 mile service. Oil clean,no metal & all looked OK. Had a light oil film on bottom of pan but could not find where it came from? PAIR valve came off while I was in the area. No problem with bike at all. Sticking to Suzuki break-in recommendation and getting 43.4 MPG. Life is good! Jack

900 miles on '00 red/gray. Annoying surge at low speeds & small throttle openings partly improved with yosh box adjustment, irritating engine vibration at 4500 to 5000 rpms, clutch brake fluid getting dark already (brake fluids perfectly clear still), uneven idle. Aaah, and stupid paint that resulted less abrasive than my metal garage door handle when they met.

4700 miles in just over 2 months! 42 MPG, with one little annoying problem. At high RPM's SOMETIMES I have trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd. If anyone has any advise on this problem I would be very thankful.

Keep It On One Wheel!

5100 miles.No major problems.i had a small oil leak form thr oil pan gasket after 6 months of having the bike.It was so small it didnt drip from the bike.I noticed it when I was doing my monthly check of the bike.

1400 of the most memorable miles of riding in 16 years, problem free.
The 5th to 6th thing was never a problem, just a characteristic of the bike I had to learn.
Admittedly it scared the shitt out of me.

Got my copper one Feb. 5.
2,050 so far, and just one problem...I don't ride her enough!! :)

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 28 March 2000).]

6600 Miles constant stutter, cutouts left right and centre - oh and it fell of the sidestand on Sunday! (cracked the crankcase cover and pissed it's oil everywhere.)

Love the bike - hate the problems, started up my 13000+ miles R1 after it's been sitting under a sheet in my garage for 8 months, and am using that instead of the Busa until the cover arrives - the R1 didn't miss a beat and hasn't done since new.

Come on Suzuki - get you act together.

10,000 miles ... all stock ... added akropovic exhaust at 4,300 miles;

no problems other than at 8,300 miles thought the fuel filter screen was clogged ... bad stutter;

it probably was not, dealer suggested new plugs (maintenance item at 7,500 miles, but I only cleaned them);

replaced plugs, cleaned throttle bodies with "Q" tips", cleaned stock air cleaner ... ran great ... still is...

added K & N filter, even better;

this is the only motorcycle I could have left completely stock and been satisfied;

only complaint is it has a huge appetite for rear tires, get only about 2,000 miles per rear ... gone through 2 oem's, 1 d207, 1 Pilot Sport, and about half way through 2nd pilot sport... 7,500 on the front oem and the replacement Pilot Sport has about 3,000 miles on it, still looks good;

[This message has been edited by AQUADIOSMED (edited 28 March 2000).]

Gogeta .... u might wanna try using a different engine oil .... read the post on
'what kind of oil is everyone using?' dated
27 March 2000 06:52 PM

approx. 2000 miles on my 00 Blue/Silver Busa .... no major problems yet except for irregular idling, clutch fluid turning dark brown and vibrations on the windshield.

Back