How many links is the stock chain?

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Ordered a stock lenth EK chain from the dealership. Its a 120 link. I read in another post that the stock lenth is 112. Do I need to change to a 112 or can they just take some links out?

uhmm...yeah, good one. What IS the number of links? I'd like to know too.

I can count 'em when I get home tonight, but I'd rather not.

112 is stock...you can (or seller) cut to length....remember, you count links...not just pins!

easier to count 8 and cut, than to count 112!

without a dremmel or bench grinder...you better have a whole set of ginsus ready!
wink.gif

have a breaker/rivet tool as well? or did you opt for the clip method?

a dremmel is the best tool you can buy. no telling how many times i used it on my busa. cuts thru a chain like butter. you can also buy snap on type master links. i like em cause you can take the chain completly off the bike in a minute or two and clean it where you want to. i clean mine once a month or two and soak it in tub of motor oil over night. take it out, clean the excess oil off with a terry cloth and install.

Ive never messed around with chains. The dealer will be installing it.

112 is stock...you can (or seller) cut to length....remember, you count links...not just pins!

easier to count 8 and cut, than to count 112!

without a dremmel or bench grinder...you better have a whole set of ginsus ready!  
wink.gif

have a breaker/rivet tool as well?   or did you opt for the clip method?
Actually I had to find out the hard way that you count the pins and NOT THE LINKS...

My weapon of choice is a 90 degree die grinder with a Roloc disc on it. Makes short work of this type of stuff.
automotive-bodyshop-crash-repair-tool-right-angled-die-grinder-with-bng6f8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back