Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Once a week

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Once a month

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Almost NEVER

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters
You keep saying that, but you're wrong. That's highly unusual for you sir. But officers do patrol, our mere presents prevents crime, we catch people in the act, we catch people where they shouldn't be, we do public interviews that cause people to go home for some odd reason.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

No I know where you're coming from, but until you're camped on my front porch? There's nobody here looking after me. Would even settle for at the end of the block...

I'll bring you coffee, I make good coffee.

But yeah, I know where you are coming from, I understand how it works, but experiance and statistics say that unless there is an Officer in the yard, they wont be there in time to do anything.

Surely your presence on the streets helps move criminals from one area to another, and keeps many quiet and laying low. But there are a lot of cops on the streets and there is plenty of crime all around.

Not saying you aren't doing your job, just saying that unless you are allready here when I need a LEO? Then you're already too late, every time.

Armed law abiding citizens are the LEO's best friend.

I think the question should be how sad is that? It's awesome that said person was caught again but unfortunately the original bust wasn't a sufficient deterant. I know the systems is not perfect (and never will be) but when it comes to something as serious as meth I personally wish it was a little harsher. Keep bringin' those tweakers in! :please:

Sad indeed. The rest of the story, guy had been arrested either 12 or 13 times, all related to manufacture of methamphetamine. Our very liberal judge and just as liberal states attorney finally decide to send him off to prison. They sentence him to a whopping 4 years in prison and the judge gives him a 30 day stay to get his affairs in order. Um, what affairs does a homeless unemployed addict have to get in order here? It was during that 30 day stay that we arrest him during the raid in the process of manufacturing meth again.

I wish we had more come through our neighborhood, but, we live in an older neighborhood outside of the city limits and we ride our 4wheelers and dirtbikes in our neighborhood and most of them will either ticket you or make you park them. I thought that is one reason to live out of the city was to have a little fun. We aren't bothering anyone, and the neighbors don't mind, but the popo does.

I wish we had more come through our neighborhood, but, we live in an older neighborhood outside of the city limits and we ride our 4wheelers and dirtbikes in our neighborhood and most of them will either ticket you or make you park them. I thought that is one reason to live out of the city was to have a little fun. We aren't bothering anyone, and the neighbors don't mind, but the popo does.

It's a violation of law. We only address it here if someone dials 911 with a complaint. Unfortunately we have had several accidents that resulted in the deaths of children car v. kids.

My only thought is, why by an off road vehicle and ride in the road ? :laugh:

There is no need for a patrol, I have 4 living on my street and 2 of them live in my block. One right across form my house and the other is 2 houses down. Not to mention the other six I know in my Sub.

I always gauged another officers musturd by how many crime in progress, non-dispatched calls in which they actually found real bad guys (burglars-dealers-robbers) on. The sad part is many had zero with five plus years on the job.

No I know where you're coming from, but until you're camped on my front porch? There's nobody here looking after me. Would even settle for at the end of the block...

I'll bring you coffee, I make good coffee.

But yeah, I know where you are coming from, I understand how it works, but experiance and statistics say that unless there is an Officer in the yard, they wont be there in time to do anything.

Surely your presence on the streets helps move criminals from one area to another, and keeps many quiet and laying low. But there are a lot of cops on the streets and there is plenty of crime all around.

Not saying you aren't doing your job, just saying that unless you are allready here when I need a LEO? Then you're already too late, every time.

Armed law abiding citizens are the LEO's best friend.

An elderly man and his wife are home by themselves and hear a strange
noise out back by their utility shed. The elderly man looks thru the back window
and sees three men have broken into his shed and are emptying the contents.
He immediately calls 911 and informs them of the burglery. The dispatcher asks
if anyone is in immediate danger, and orders the couple to stay in the house
and all officers are busy and will not be able to respond. The elderly man
hangs up the phone...thinks for a few minutes and then calls back. He says,
"I was the one that called on the shed robbery a few moments ago, take your
time. I took care of the problem myself, I shot everyone and they are all dead."
He hangs up. Within a few minutes, police cars stream in from all directions
and catch the thieves red handed. The elderly man comes out of his house
and is approached by an officer who says, "I thought you killed everybody."
To which he replied, "I thought you were busy".

:lol:

I always gauged another officers musturd by how many crime in progress, non-dispatched calls in which they actually found real bad guys (burglars-dealers-robbers) on. The sad part is many had zero with five plus years on the job.

Is that sad or is it that they were taking care of business in their neighborhoods?

It's a violation of law. We only address it here if someone dials 911 with a complaint. Unfortunately we have had several accidents that resulted in the deaths of children car v. kids.

My only thought is, why by an off road vehicle and ride in the road ? :laugh:

We always wear helmets and other gear. Our neighborhood does not have very much traffic at all. We do ride offroad as well, but sometimes we just cruise around the hood. We don't try to do wheelies and stuff like that. We just tool around. Sometimes we even break out the golf cart....but I don't think the golf cart is actually illegal.

I voted once a month but with me working shift work and being sleep mosst of the time it is really hard to tell how often the streets are patrolled.

I wish they would. People drive down my street not understanding what 25 mph is and that there are Children in the neighborhood on there bikes and such....

Back