How many "known scratches" do you have?

2 little ones on the front faring,,,,not sure who put them there so will not be arrested for murder .....lol only kidding . but perhaps a public whipping would not be out of line for the offender.

All of mine were self inflicted.
Gouge in left fairing and scratched and dented bolt ons from dropping it off loading ramp.
Scratched in 4 spots on the right fairing, 3 dings in tank from a gsxr1000 foot peg, and scratched up hump all from it slipping off the stand when I was bringing her up.

But hey insurance is a good thing!

Let me see...there's the one on the underside rear where I stuck the utility knife into the bodywork while cutting off the rear fender.....the one on the side where the mrs and I fell over in the driveway, (as luck would have it most of the scratches where on my leg), one on the front fender from a huge dirt claude that fell out of a dumptruck and hit me at about 140......one on the fairing from hitting that damn turkey...

I scuffed up the brake side panel when I layed it down to do something to the bike...

...have a little knick in the front fender from a rock...

I scuffed up the front cowl and the clutch side panel when I dropped my busa just a week or so after buying it, but those pieces were both replaced...
tounge.gif
I just couldn't stand looking at 'em...

Yeah last night I went out riding and am pretty thankful. After checking some other rider's bikes over, most being newer '04-'05s. Damn, some have really messed up their bikes already.

I then found out the guy who bought my SV1000S layed it down already while going slow in a parking lot. It's amazing how bad these bikes can get messed after only a few days of ownership compared to a car. Someone really needs to develop a bike that can't be scratched, dented, or scuffed. The other solution is not to make the damn things so friggin' nice looking also.

Yeah last night I went out riding and am pretty thankful.  After checking some other rider's bikes over, most being newer '04-'05s.  Damn, some have really messed up their bikes already.  

I then found out the guy who bought my SV1000S layed it down already while going slow in a parking lot.  It's amazing how bad these bikes can get messed after only a few days of ownership compared to a car.  Someone really needs to develop a bike that can't be scratched, dented, or scuffed.  The other solution is not to make the damn things so friggin' nice looking also.
laugh.gif

True...all true! Make ugly "can't be scratched" bikes...

I figure it's like your car...dents and dings over time...unless you park it in your living room under a glass dome, it'll get scratched and scuffed up...shows it's being used!
cool.gif

Several. Does anyone know how you could get matching touch up paint? There are guys who go around new car dealers and touch up the paint on new trade ins. They do fantastic work, almost impossible to see. They can do a whole car for $50. But, they need the right paint. They usually get the paint code off the door.

Yep i have nicks and scratches---goes with the territory--said a few years ago---fastest most sand blasted---she still rocks though--400 miler today--WHEW!!!!

If you ride you are gonna get scratches. Every bike i have ever had has them. I don't think you can stop it.

Back