How many "known scratches" do you have?

Sithor

Registered
I was just curious on how many scratches do you guys see on your 'Busas and how long have you owned them? I just purchased my used '04 Limited a week ago and I have already put three into it. The bike was perfect, however my girlfriend was riding on the back with her promise ring on and accidently grabbed my gas tank while leaving two small scratches. Then I put another one underneath the fairings when I drove off a very low curb that I did not think I would touch. Now today I found another one on the right side near the cargo tie where my girlfriend scratched it with her shoe while getting on it last night.

Damn it, this is some BS! The previous owner had it for 3,600 miles and there wasn't one blemish except for a few minor rock chips on the front fender, but now I've only had it for a week and I have three scratches. It's driving me friggin' crazy.

1 on the exhaust canister.. and two on the front left of the fender..

all 3 my fault.

It happens, can't stop it, don't care how careful you are. Gives it character. Just one here
smile.gif

shid too many to list going on one year of owner ship. two crashes 3 tipovers....but hey its still fast as hell
wink.gif

I've got a couple here and there. A few rock chips and a couple scratches from the first time I took the fairing panels off and then put them on like a tard....used to freak me out, but now I don't mind. The one thing that has really saved my azz is my tankslapper clear bra....I've beat the hell out of that thing and my tank is pristine...just about to order a replacement for the dinged up one.

Mine has three, one on the front nose next to the headlight and one on the front fender, both from a lady that backed up and hit it in a parking lot and then one small rock chip on the left side where a car did a burnout and threw rocks everywhere. None of these matter since it is getting a full tribal graphic set up right now. I will have it back in a week or two with 6 new colors on it. Should stand out like crazy.

Scratches happen and most of the smaller ones can easily be buffed out, take it by a detail shop and see if they can buff or color sand them out.

when i first changed my oil at 500 i put about 2 inch scratch on my header when i saw it i wanted to throw up now everytime i wash it (wipe it actually) i find some more little scratches or small imperfections so now what i do is when i get to an area where there is a known scratch i just squint my eyes a bit so i dont have to see it plus squinting the eyes blurs it a bit and the scratch just magically dissappers then after i wipe it all down i walk back a bit about a foot or two and that seems to make the scrathes dissapper also . the only other solution i came up with is buy another one and build a room to set it
tounge.gif

Yeah, I always thought then once I bought a Hayabusa I would ride it but at the same time take such imaculate care of it that it would be one of the few that were in awesome condition, that dream is fading away quickly.

Anyways, I alway did have a paint job that I wanted to do in my head. I said to myself that I wouldn't care what color I purchased, I was going to chrome and paint this thing like a show bike. That idea has also been thrown out the window for I love, and I do mean love this limited edition crystal red color. It is just beautiful! I knew there was something about the '05 black and red 'Busa that caught my eye, that damn red color. And instead of chroming, I find myself always looking for carbon fiber or black parts to match the LE frame.

I think what I'll do is order a whole second set of fairings and gas tank for an '04 LE and just keep them in storage for maybe one day I would want to recondition this thing back to new.

Well, 02 with 18000 miles, and I have nick in the front fender from a rock. Other than that, I have been very lucky, and careful. Unless you count the time that it fell over in my gravel driveway and it cost my insurance 1700.00 to put it back like it was.
laugh.gif

I have alot more than I want.... stupid rock chips

Several million, at least. A few major wrecks only contributed a few thousand. The rest is from sanding, wet sanding, polishing.
laugh.gif

2 years and 30,000kms

Lotsa sand blasting in the areas you would expect it.

Stone chips in all the places you would expect them
cept for the one next to the fuel cap, dont know how that got there but I guess a rock bounced off me?

Headlight, has hundreds of little nicks, windscreen isnt too bad.

ALL this debris inflcted damage has taken place on high speed country runs out in the bush. City riding is not a worry.

Actual "scratches" very few maybe 4. All done by myself.

Causes, watch strap when cleaning (take it off)
watch strap when tightening the chain and slipped off the nut.
Fairing scratch, caused by the lame way the fairings attach up near the scoops.

Normal usage marks dont bother me but when I hurt my girl with my own stupidity I get pissed.

moX

I have a few rock chips on the nose and last week a stick (I think) smacked the right panel after it flew off the front tire and put a good ding in her. I ride alot of back roads and sometimes ya just can't miss stuff. Oh well, I still love er.

I'm just curious on who has caused the most damage to their 'Busa and still rides it as is. I see a guy who went down while speeding around a corner with gravel on it. The bike hit the curb and flipped up in the air like 3 times. It has pretty substantial damage.

The frame was even cracked but he had a buddy who knows how to weld aluminum fix it. He still rides the piss out of it, but the fairings are just trashed. I don't know if I could ride my bike in that condition. I plans on turboing his 'Busa sooner or later.

I was just curious on how many scratches do you guys see on your 'Busas and how long have you owned them?  I just purchased my used '04 Limited a week ago and I have already put three into it.  The bike was perfect, however my girlfriend was riding on the back with her promise ring on and accidently grabbed my gas tank while leaving two small scratches.  Then I put another one underneath the fairings when I drove off a very low curb that I did not think I would touch.  Now today I found another one on the right side near the cargo tie where my girlfriend scratched it with her shoe while getting on it last night.  

Damn it, this is some BS!  The previous owner had it for 3,600 miles and there wasn't one blemish except for a few minor rock chips on the front fender, but now I've only had it for a week and I have three scratches.  It's driving me friggin' crazy.
LOL!!!

3 out of your 4 scratches were cause by your girlfriend? Sounds like jealousy to me.

You don't, by any chance, park your bike in the house overnight and make your girlfriend sleep in the garage do you?

Personally I know of one on mine. Its hardly noticable when I'm in the triple digits though.

Back