How many is too many miles

BigSimp

Donating Member
Registered
I am closing in on four month of ownng my bike in a few weeks and I already have 7000 mi on her. Am I riding her to much. I am doing all recommended maint, but as I look for a second busa, I see 05 bikes with far less milage than mine. What would happen if I ever want to sell her to buy a newer busa.

Wow, that's impressive! Some folks might get concerned with the mileage, but if you can back it up with maintenance records and whether it was daily driving you should be covered.

race.gif
That's about 60 miles a day - why look for a second Busa - one is not enough?------

I didn’t have any problem selling my 02 with 52,000 on it.

Bought mine May 20th. Turned 7,800 on the way to work this morning. 2nd rear tire going on at 9k.
Keep all your receipts.
I have worried about resale too, but have decided it will stay with me forever, or get sold in pieces on Ebay.

Good luck!

Your butt will tell you when you've ridden too much. I'm rapidly approaching 25,000 miles on my '05. With the mileage you are racking up, you should think about running the AVON 45/46 tires. I'm not parking the bike just because riding will lower the resale value. Its a vehicle, not an investment. If all you do is look at it, why bother owning it.

I am only on my second rear tire and that was due to a nail. As for why I am looking for a second one, well I love the 05 limited, but when I went to buy I couldnt find one so I got a 06 black and red. I also want to have a bike I can mod out and only ride to bike nights and shows and the 05 limited just seemed like the perfect canvas to start with.

i have a 2000 with almost 40k miles and a turbo just got installed on her. before hand, i took it to the track (like 50 passes!!) and never hurt her once. i have only driven 7 or 8 of those 40k, but never had any troubles and no problems. miles on bikes i dont think matters, except people 'think' that the higher they are, the closer they are to blowing up. which is true....but mine has nothin wrong and i am confident in the bikes stregth.

i say hold onto it and rip the miles out of her. if you own two bikes, thats losing on two depriciations. i would imagine one with high mileage to depreciate less than two with miles split. IMHO

Bought my 05 the last day of July 05 and I'm ready to turn 25K too. Don't think I could ever part with it though.

What's the most miles anyone has on their busa here?

Anyone had catastrophic engine failures from too many miles? I've heard of goldwing engines going 300,000+ miles.... could a busa handle this?

(bitabur @ Sep. 29 2006,01:12) What's the most miles anyone has on their busa here?

Anyone had catastrophic engine failures from too many miles?  I've heard of goldwing engines going 300,000+ miles.... could a busa handle this?
Mileage does not cause "catastrophic" engine failures, only "noticeable" failures.

The worst that would happen in a case where the ONLY factor was excessive miles, (>500K), would be ring failure, which would result in blue smoke and fouled plugs. That's all that could happen with the engine, anyway. Fuel pump could go, electronics could go, but none of these are catastrophic.

A Hayabusa should not have any trouble reaching 3, 4, 5 or more hundred thousand miles, with proper maintenance.

yep yep....closeing on 9000 here since april...all regular main and oil changes...no issues

Mileage why worry ride her. Resale? 10,000 grand for transportation is cheap these days.

Back