How many HP on rear wheel?

L4G4RT0

Registered
Hi guys,

When people ask me how powerfull is my Busa, usually I answer it's a 175HP engine with 163HP on wheel... but i took this data from the Fastbikes movie Mach II - callais to cannes... it was a different year, a different Busa...
Mine is the 2001 model, with the 186 limit...
So my question is... how powerfull is my Busa on rear wheel (since it's still a stock bike)?

Rgdz

Johnny, have you got an explanation for diff's between SuperFlow and DynoJet? I got 133.4 on a SuperFlow dyno last weekend at SportBike West. My bike is bone stock (except for stickers :tounge:)

Johnny, have you got an explanation for diff's between SuperFlow and DynoJet?  I got 133.4 on a SuperFlow dyno last weekend at SportBike West.  My bike is bone stock (except for stickers :tounge:)
yep for some reason Superflow use what they call (real HP)

Okay but even my uncorrected doesn't = what those put out.
My uncorrected is less?:super:?

also if they (they Superflow people) correct it it is Way off.
I had quite a few customers come in due to there is one of those in town and are amazed at the differance.
Bottom line is this the world either uses SAE or STD or EEC so why they chose to use some weird stuff in beyond me.
And you should read their web site about it you will get a laugh

yeah, the thing that annoy's me is that you have to be on the same setup to get a proper reference point if I make any mods now. :mad:

Johnny, have you got an explanation for diff's between SuperFlow and DynoJet?  I got 133.4 on a SuperFlow dyno last weekend at SportBike West.  My bike is bone stock (except for stickers :tounge:)
yep for some reason Superflow use what they call (real HP)

Okay but even my uncorrected doesn't = what those put out.
My uncorrected is less?:super:?

also if they (they Superflow people) correct it it is Way off.
I had quite a few customers come in due to there is one of those in town and are amazed at the differance.
Bottom line is this the world either uses SAE or STD or EEC so why they chose to use some weird stuff in beyond me.
And you should read their web site about it you will get a laugh
What.......yer uncorrected readings are "less" than the superflow.........did I read that right JC?:super:

Iced just pulled 133 on the SF dyno.......approx how much less would yers read?:super:

Or am I not seeing correctly.

Kick me if I'm not. :super:

Corrected or not I have it on paper that mine is putting 158 HP to the ground.  :tounge:   The low reading is when my cam chain was off by a tooth. The only thing I have done to it was Yosh RS 3 race cans and a remap.
dynorun.jpg

Here's a screenshot of the SuperFlow dyno run. Nice smooth curve.

mph vs. CWhlPw

dyno.jpg

whhoooa, wait a minute jwcfbd... that HUGE difference is mainly caused by cam chain?! Because i read that exhaust system and tunning can give you 6 - 12hp more (which is NOT bad at all!)
I have to put my bike in a dyno (have to find out a place where to do it...)

LOOOOL !! man, you RULE!! let me laugh a little more :bounce:

Portugal is a small country, I'd say it has more or less 370 x 155 miles but this one is TOO MUCH!! I'd say that the Tuning Center is half a mile from where i work and 3 miles from where I live!!! hummm let me look at the windows, i might see it from here!

who'da man? you're da man Johnnycheese

So since were on the topic of dyno's, I'll bring this up. When my bike was ran on the dyno the tech put it in 4 gear cause of the timing retarder, has anyone ever ran one in let's say 3 gear than installed a TRE? I know that Johnneycheese doesn't agree with TRE's, But does anyone have any hard info? i.e. dyno?

whhoooa, wait a minute jwcfbd... that HUGE difference is mainly caused by cam chain?! Because i read that exhaust system and tunning can give you 6 - 12hp more (which is NOT bad at all!)
I have to put my bike in a dyno (have to find out a place where to do it...)
When I first bought my Busa I had to wait for them to do the cam chain tensioner recall. I later found out that when I had it dynoed that it was only makeing about 115-120 hp. That is the only way I found out that the cam chain was off by a tooth. Once it was fixed the hp jumped up to 152ish and they were able to get it up to 158.

Stock 01with PCII, pair sucker mod, k&N filter, chrome hea n there, 178RWHP the last run I had done, and 175.8 the tune before that. Oh full hindle exhaust not the "brock" version.

ICE

The best I've seen for a stock busa was 166 at the rear wheel. But there are so many variables with dynos and how they are operated> put the same bike on the same day on a different dyno with a different operator and it may only register 160 at the rear wheel.

Dynos are most useful when doing repeat runs with the same operator on the same day to either compare different bikes or the same bike after re tuning. IMO

I couldnt agree more. I had mine tuned by the same operator. Then rechecked later the same day. It's inside a sound proof room with air intake fans to help keep the bike cool between runs. Five runs on each session. He seemed supprised the first time as well questioning what I had done to the bike. From what I understand even a bad dog has a good day once, and I got a bike built on a wednesday!

Yesterday I was in a Tuning Center and they told me it will cost me €20 for a dyno test... I guess that it's more or less $22 (in US)... a little expensive ain't it? Anyway, think i'll make the test soon. Any advices on that? How should my stock bike should be prepared for it?

Back