How many hours can you stay on a Hayabusa?

I've done almost 15 hours. We'll see what happens on Monday, the 31st when I do 1000+ miles.

8 hours.... with a break about every 2 hours... that was riding 2 up! All day if I am not riding a passenger!

Will be a 450 mile day this coming Friday to ring in the Memorial Day holiday. Can't wait.

Trick is take lots of breaks, relax & pick a pace that's comfy. An freeway drones suck no matter what bike you are on. Twisty roads all day long.

Be on the bike at 4am, and ride all day till 7 pm. :cheerleader:

Img_0251_Hwy1_busa.jpg

Img_0242_Hwy1.jpg

Img_0955_Point_Cabrillo_Lighthouse.jpg

Img_1809_pacific_coastline.jpg

Img_0251_Hwy1_busa.jpg

Img_0242_Hwy1.jpg

Img_1809_pacific_coastline.jpg

Img_0955_Point_Cabrillo_Lighthouse.jpg

Sh... That's about how long it took me to get to your house... Hopefully we'll be on the bikes longer than that for the Hayas in the Hills event in July!

Man Tim, if I had some of the scenery you have to look at, I could ride all day also.:thumbsup:

rode from here in dayton to south of Shreveport took about 18 hours and almost 1000 miles. nothing hurt after about hour 8 cause i was numb from the waist down..:laugh:

Ride? Or just very hungry? That must be some Waffleshop!!!!:laugh:

:laugh: The WaffleHouse was at the 1/2 way point of our Iron Butt ride. We got off the bikes for an hour there and got something to eat. That was the only stop other than fuel the entire trip except to warm up around Memphis after riding 200 miles in the rain at night. But that's a different story.

Don't know the hours but the longest trip with only fuel and food stops was coming home from Washington D.C. about 750 miles. A few weeks back coming home from Panama City took us about 13 hours usually an 8 - 10 hour drive. 7 hours of that trip were in pouring rain anyone heard of the Nashville flood? Yeah thats what we were driving home in lol.

The wife and I went from Venice FL. to Key West. dont know the miles off hand but it was long

Last time I went to The Gap I went from Garden Grove to Amarillo. Left at 8 in the evening and shut it down around 2pm.
Went to Fresno and back this past weekend. Up and back in 8 hours, 'bout 530 miles. Freakin' cold going over the Grapevine at 8am!!

Going to Colorado Springs late June but leaving from Santa Rosa.
It will definitely be a speed run. Riding with two NoCal LEO's.
The joy of riding with your own personal "get out of jail free" cards. :thumbsup::bowdown::thumbsup:

Last edited:
About 10 miles cuz that's as far as my leash will reach :)
but
When I was 16 I rode my RZ350 up from Ct thru Prince Edward Island with my dad and brother . Dad had Yamaha Venture and bro had KZ700 .
Like 1500 miles in four days . Beautiful country .

Now that was funny

14 hrs. and over 600 miles. Went to the dragon, did the loop, a couple of runs on the dragon, then back home. I was cramping up when I made it home.

Will be a 450 mile day this coming Friday to ring in the Memorial Day holiday. Can't wait.

Trick is take lots of breaks, relax & pick a pace that's comfy. An freeway drones suck no matter what bike you are on. Twisty roads all day long.

Be on the bike at 4am, and ride all day till 7 pm. :cheerleader:

View attachment 188999

View attachment 189000

View attachment 189003

View attachment 189001
Riding on those roads, I'd crash !! WAY TOO MUCH stuff to look at ! AMAZING pictures !!

17-18hrs = 816mi from Casper to just east of Albuquerque. should have stopped at Wagon Mound NM. i hurt for the next 3 days.
hardest i ever did was 670mi in the rain from Russell Ks. to Casper WY.
sometimes its all about "want to".

home from florida 052.jpg

home from florida 057.jpg

home from florida 062.jpg

Back