How many fuel filters are there on the 01-07 hayabusa’s?

cottbusa

Registered
Good evening, i have been doing maintenance stuff to my 04 busa & after speaking with the previous owner i asked if he had ever changed the fuel filter, he had not, this bike is a 2004 with 40K miles, i believe it needs to be done. I ordered the sump fuel strainer/filter but noticed on the microfiche there is another “fuel filter” mentioned, i’ve seen countless video’s about the sock looking fuel filter in the sump but thats it, is there another filter in this fuel pump assembly? Suzuki is saying that #2 is the “fuel filter assembly” Thoughts???

D7E64ED8-657F-4B77-82CF-8464D268E037.png

#3 is the pre-pump sock filter.
#2 is the post pump filter. Very expensive. You can do the filter mod and run an external filter if you don't want to spend the money.

#3 is the pre-pump sock filter.
#2 is the post pump filter. Very expensive. You can do the filter mod and run an external filter if you don't want to spend the money.
Is the #2 part the fuel psi regulator? Is that where the 2nd filter is located?

#2 is pointing the regulator as well. The large unit that the regulator plugs into is the filter. It's a large plastic housing with a filter inside that is not removable. It all comes together as a whole unit.

Actually it is removable you have to really pull hard to get it out. It has a O-ring at the end of it I believe. My 2000 is the same.

Back