How many 2004 Hayabusa Limiteds were produced?

n2cardiology

Registered
Does anyone know how many 2004 Hayabusa Limiteds were produced? They were the all red color. Are limited's really worth any more and are they rare? On KBB, they show limiteds as being approx $250 more in value.

I dont think Suzy discloses records like that but from my expert experience (using the word expert in its most loose context) I would say that the LEs are not really of any more value than a standard.
The real impact on resale value is more dependent on condition and upgrades. Color schemes, which is all the LE really is, are largely personal matters.

I dont think Suzy discloses records like that but from my expert experience (using the word expert in its most loose context) I would say that the LEs are not really of any more value than a standard.
The real impact on resale value is more dependent on condition and upgrades. Color schemes, which is all the LE really is, are largely personal matters.

This is true as far as value goes. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If I remember correctly, the dealer didn't sell them for any more. Maybe $250-$500 more, but I don't think so. As for the number made, several different dealers have said that 500 of the 06 limited were made, so I would imagine it's somewhere in that range for the 04 as well.

around here, the only one that got a larger $$$ was the black ones for a bit.. ($150 new)

The LE's were the same price as the standard model...the only difference is the colors that they came in...a emblem on the triple tree and a polished lip on some models. The '06 had silver wheels...in you paid more than the standard model, then you got hosed :moon:

The condition of any bike is what will set the price...now if you want to go buy two LE's and store one and ride the other...Suzuki will love you :thumbsup:

The black frame was for awhile an indicator of an LE, as well.

Ya know, its really a shame when I think more about this. With the following that the Hayabusa platform has had in the US (increased sales each year it was offered) Suzuki could have made an LE with different suspension or performance packages (like the Ducati 1098 'S' and 'R' models) and even gone a step further with a 10 year anniv. edition in '09 and by doing so further exploited / enhanced the fancy Americans have had with the bike.

Maybe the Japanese just cant detect the passion thing.... I dunno its still my favorite bike, just sayin.....

Last edited:
Msrp, on the 04's was $500 more!
If i recall correct, there was never any number of how many where made, it's between 500 and 1500 units!

Msrp, on the 04's was $500 more!
If i recall correct, there was never any number of how many where made, it's between 500 and 1500 units!

MSRP might have been more :dunno: but you could get them for the same $$$ here in the West.

Oh, and it would have been worth a little more to me to get the 06 limited. It was just my favorate color scheme at the time. I still love it, but I'm likin the white/blue 09 too. . . SEXAY!

Well, I appreciate all the help on this post. I passed on the 2004 Busa Limited (Red) since it has 20,000 miles. I just purchased a 2005 Busa (Red/Black) with only 2314 miles that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Bone stock and meticulously maintained. I am one happy camper! Thanks, Jeff:cheerleader:

Well, I appreciate all the help on this post. I passed on the 2004 Busa Limited (Red) since it has 20,000 miles. I just purchased a 2005 Busa (Red/Black) with only 2314 miles that looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor. Bone stock and meticulously maintained. I am one happy camper! Thanks, Jeff:cheerleader:

Glad to here Jeff, now we can go ride some.:thumbsup:

around here, the only one that got a larger $$$ was the black ones for a bit.. ($150 new)

I was going to mention another big time secret of Suzuki Motors is that their black vehicles bring more ducks because of the performance advantage :whistle:

Back