How mad would you be?

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
I probably wouldn't have parked there in the first place given this corner's reputation for crashes, but dangit!

Can't get too mad. Should not have been stopped in the street and it looks like an organized illegal event. Luck of the draw. If the guy had been going the wrong way or doing something like stunting or being plain stupid, that's one thing. But this was a lowside. Unfortunate but an accident nonetheless. I would not have been sitting in the street personally.

I'd be pissed but frankly it would be my fault since he was in the road. Now if had been three feet to the left then it would be different. Not by much, but different. Could be worse, [URL="
this out.[/URL]. Dbag almost loses it then totally lets it get away showing off for the cameras. I like the shots those guys get but honestly they cause a lot of crashes with folks trying to get a beauty shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, thats an unfortunate accident... Lucky no one was hurt bad. But to me the most F'ed up part of all is the guy in the red shirt. Starts reaching for his phone to snap some pics or video before the guy even stop sliding good. Granted not that bad of a collision but how much help or support was he going to offer with his phone in his hand snapping shots to put on facebook...:banghead:

What I cant figure out is why all these people keep pushing it in this corner. It almost looks like there is a slick spot in the road.

Maybe those bikers that parked are new to the corner :laugh:

The Vets I am guessing are the cagers and other bikers parked farther away from the road :whistle:

One was just flat out facing the wrong way blocking the road which makes cagers coming that way cross the yellow line to go by and the others, well in the world of texting while driving being just on the other side of the line is never enough distance away from the travel lane.

What I cant figure out is why all these people keep pushing it in this corner. It almost looks like there is a slick spot in the road.
Seriously. Our lowsider shouldn't have slid it out that easily. It's like Gravity Cavity on the Dragon, it doesn't look bad at all but the wrong line can cause you to bottom out hard. I've had a few brain farts there as most people have but the worst was when I screwed up Gravity Cavity, when I hit it's bottom harder than I expected I jogged the gas which caused me to swap lanes. Luckily nothing was coming so I rode it out.

Those guys on the side of the road like that also could have distracted the slider wrecking his chi, another reason they shouldn't be parked like that.

At least the riders were geared. Nice to see lots of leather and boots. Lamb thinks the yellow line and reflectors played a part in this.

Bummer though

Don't park downstream of a known crash point....I'd be ticked but mostly at myself for parking there - hindsite is 20/20

Damyn the bike just suddenly lost all rear wheel traction. Unfortunate to say the least. But yea as somebody mentioned that retard in the red t shirt was actually walking as if he was in a park .

Since there are about 2000 youtube videos of crashes on that turn, I could only blame myself if a parked there :laugh:

You can only get so mad when you park right next to the road/on the road with all that empty space and you know people are "having fun" on that corner. They could have been a lot more back. Even if it's the inside of the corner it doesn't mean you're safe. Only thing I can figure is they were counting on people hitting them so they could get a new bike through an insurance claim. The law may be in favor of the bikers, but if I was the judge I might say it was 50/50 fault.

That's the top of "The Snake" on the way to or returning from the Rock Store which is a Sunday Biker hangout in Malibu, CA. I've ridden that road many times. In the afternoon, Rock store pictures sets up there to take picture of riders. in fact the picture of me riding in my signature was taken on a different part of "The Snake" by that same photographer.

Some of the riders stop on that corner and hang out with the photographers to watch others take that corner.

Typically when someone loses it on that curve its because they grabbed a handful of front brake or their lean angle was too low and the foot peg hits and lifts the rear wheel up.

I watched that video over and over and the only thing I can see is that just before the rear goes out, it runs over a bots dot next to the painted center line. That could have been just enough to break the rear wheel loose.

I've never seen anyone actually park on the road at that corner. They usually park on the dirt. That wasn't very smart considering that bikes and cars come around that corner in both directions.

If you want to see the entire corner, here's a video of "The Snake" that I took a month ago going in the other direction. The first hairpin curve is the same one in the video. About 50 seconds in you get the first gimps of that curve.

[video=youtube_share;p7w7zaqzIME]http://youtu.be/p7w7zaqzIME[/video]

yeah that sucks. i have to go with the 50/50 here though. the parked riders should have been off the road.

Back