How long is the PCIII usb cable

Tetge

Registered
I am attempting to extend the reach of my usb port on my PC to be able to use the PC on my bike with the PCIIIusb that is on my way via UPS since I have no laptop. Mr Cheese told me that it would be best if I set the throttle position when I installed the PC so I am setting up to do that. 10' USB extensions are $27.05 with sales tax at the local Radio Shack and I got one and I hope it reaches since that it a bunch of loot for a simple cable. To be sure, I need to know how long the PCIIIusb's supplied cable is.

I'm guessing about 3 to 4 feet....not that long....I need about a 100 ft run...no laptop here either...and getting sick of lugging the pc and 23" monitor out to the garage.
mad.gif

I'm guessing about 3 to 4 feet....not that long....I need about a 100 ft run...no laptop here either...and getting sick of lugging the pc and 23" monitor out to the garage.
mad.gif
Four feet might make it. Laptops suck so I sure don't want to buy one. But, I can get another 10' extension at Radio Shack for $27.05 if I have to.
I don't suppose you could measure the little devil USB cord and give me the exact length. The way things are going, that $27.05 may be necessary to use for groceries to last a month due to the mods I have been getting for the Busa.

someone step in here if I am wrong...but that is what the 9V adapter is for...to keep it powered until you can get it to the PC. ....and vice/versa.

someone step in here if I am wrong...but that is what the 9V adapter is for...to keep it powered until you can get it to the PC. ....and vice/versa.
The way I understand it, I have to do the throttle position adjustment on the PCIII with the bike warmed up at normal idle and running.  This implies that the PCIII will be on the bike at that time.  I watched the tutorial on the DynoJet web site and realized that I needed to get enough extension in my USB to get to the bike.  And, I have made it out the window of my house with the cable I have now, but, the question is, will there be a long enough cable with the PCIII to reach the bike?  I live in the sticks so I was trying to get ready in advance.  If the PCIIIusb comes with a 4' cable, it just might work.  And, I can look in through the window and see my monitor, so, it is almost like a dyno set up. If the cable is only 3' I might have to make the trek down to town and pick up another 10' USB extension for $27.05 at Radio Shack.

<!--EDIT|Tetge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123558555 -->

PCIII.jpg

Silly Rabbits!  Open the sliding glass door and just ride the bike over to the Computer!  
laugh.gif

And what is the need for this (yet another mod) anyway?
rock.gif

It's long enough to sit in a chair beside your bike with your laptop hooked up and make adjustments or load maps.:)

In all you guys opinion which would be better...the PCIIIusb or the PCIIIr? Trying to decide which would be better.

In case anyone ever needs to know the answer to my original question, the USB cable provided with the PowerCommander is exactly 6' long. And, it worked just fine through my office window using it and a 10' USB extension. I could look through the window and see the monitor sort of like at a dyno shop.

Back