how long did your cush rubbers last

hmmm, just what the hell are you doing to f' them up so quick? I'm at 22k and still have the stock ones. They get checked with each set of rubber.

Do you get 2k per set of rubber?

The last Busa had 52,ooo miles on it when i sold it and the cush drive was fine.

I checked mine at the last tire change...about 5900 miles, and they were definitely showing wear....I should need a new tire again at about 8500 miles or so, I plan on replacing the cush drives and the chain/sprokets then..

Been thinking about mine too-- they look OK but new ones would tighten up the driveline slop i would think

(CorrodedAlien @ Sep. 18 2006,14:44) hmmm, just what the hell are you doing to f' them up so quick?  I'm at 22k and still have the stock ones.  They get checked with each set of rubber.

Do you get 2k per set of rubber?
yes,i get about 2k out of rear tires,no tire spinning,but nitrous is hard on tires/driveline (street only)

i thought the cush was pretty sloppy from day 1,and it just got worse,the new ones are nice and snug

(gat0r @ Sep. 18 2006,15:39) guess i need to ck mine
Check em every time you change your rear tire, so something like once every 3,ooo miles

BINGO !!!

i have found the source of all the problems i have been having for some time (only on the bottle) i stopped spraying it in 2nd all together,and even 3rd was a problem,it was driving me nuts,it would veer left and or standup on every hit,i was very frustrated,i knew everything was straight,and just to drive the point home even clearer (to me) i would jump on the 12 hit the button in 2nd gear,and it would just go like a dart,arrow straight,no drama

well,i just took the bike for a ride,the bike felt tighter instantly,fresh bottle in the hump,armed it,rolled it up to 7 k in 3rd,and twisted it......it just took off like a bullet,arrow straight,the way it did when i installed the system,now i can reset the box for 2nd and scare my self  
laugh.gif

new rubbers with every tire change,from now on

Hey Chevelle

I can relate to your situation....I change my cushes @ every tire change, not absolutely necessary but plenty of piece of mine.....Especially when on the NOS....
super.gif

(Gunnybusa @ Sep. 18 2006,15:44)
(gat0r @ Sep. 18 2006,15:39) guess i need to ck mine
Check em every time you change your rear tire, so something like once every 3,ooo miles
thanks for the tip
i ck'd when i first got it but i am on 2nd tire from then & its about due.
so i will just get some cush pads i am sure it will need it

I'm just about to turn 41,000 miles on my original cush drive rubber. They're still in pretty good condition but I do a lot of long distance cruising and I don't beat the cr*p out of my machines.

Just curious,if you didn't happen to take your wheel off and inspect them,is there another way you could tell if they were going or shot?

(brendanp @ Sep. 19 2006,11:58) Just curious,if you didn't happen to take your wheel off and inspect them,is there another way you could tell if they were going or shot?
real nosiy and a lot of back lash.

guessing I'll swap mine out this winter with the new rubber .... couldnt hurt and they do seem to be fairly cheap...

Seems like the wear depends on how you ride. 24K on my 05 and mine look brand new, but like others, I don't hammer mine.

Back