How long can you ride before stopping?

Tached1300

Registered
How many miles can you ride before needing a break due to discomfort or pain?

Was their a particular mod that vastly improved your ability to munch miles?

Many years ago I strained/pulled a muscle in my neck while moving a king size mattress upstairs by myself. Ever since it only gives me trouble while riding. I’ll get spasms and pain but have learned to deal with it. I’ve always been active and I lift weights routinely (wannabe power lifter) I exercise, hike etc and none of those activities cause me any issue. If not for that issue I wouldn’t have to stop as frequently as Sigh...

The Genmar risers has help extend the distance before I begin to feel the need to pullover and I hope when I add the Helibars it extends even further. Seat doesn’t bother me, pegs don’t either but I’ll be doing a set of o he next. We shall see

1170 miles in 17 hours . Many gas , and go's on that one . Think at about 600 miles after the rain had stopped I stopped long enough to change shirt / socks to dry stuff .
From here to Eureka Springs AR going the long / fast way due to speed limits being much higher than the short way of 590 ish I was stopped for 8 minutes total .

The game changers were ABM / LSL handle bar kit , and Russel Day long sport saddle . Those two teamed with electronic cruise control make for mile eater .
RJ , and I did three Iron Butt Association runs in a week .

20171028_113742_HDR.jpg

DSC_2847.JPG

20170212_111716_HDR.jpg

DSC_2066.JPG

From about 500km is it for me. After that I find I'm walking my butt up and down the seat, and stopping for roadside yoga breaks, back, neck, wrists. I plan on the cruise mod as per c10 above as I did it to my m109 and it was a game changer. Added another couple hundred k's to the day if I paced myself

I’ve done a tad over 500 miles on a sport bike in a day, I have to build back up to that or gonna try at least.

I can ride about an hour and then need a break as my hands hurt as well (arthritis).

I was going to get an electronic cruise control and did a little recce riding before to see if it was viable...it isn't around here, too many corners, stop signs, farm implements, etc to use it safely...

Depends on the seat for me. That and the fuel gauge however, I tend to stop every 90 miles or so for a drink and a smoke, stopping in beautiful areas to look around as well. Crossing NV UT MT or WY, my stop times can be less frequent. Running in the mountains takes more out of me than straightaway distances regardless of the speed although the faster I ride the more (that) takes out of me too.

The most I’ve done on the busa is 500 miles in 12hrs with a 20min. Stop for a burger and several fuel/bathroom breaks. I rode really slow to enjoy the views through the beach areas and got stuck in traffic. On the concours14, I’ve done 600 plus miles and could’ve done another 600, but girlfriend was getting really hot and uncomfortable.

I do the same thing-sit on it while fuelling...

If my son can hot refuel a helicopter, I figure I can sit on my bike when fuelling.
You should not fuel on the bike because of the possibility of fire and not being able to get away from the bike. I fuel on the bike mainly from habit and because I like to hold the bike up straight to get more fuel in the tank.

You should not fuel on the bike because of the possibility of fire and not being able to get away from the bike. I fuel on the bike mainly from habit and because I like to hold the bike up straight to get more fuel in the tank.

That's why I stay on it as well...and will continue to do so.

That's why I stay on it as well...and will continue to do so.

But it’s still a bad idea especially when you don’t ride for distance draining the tank when you might need that extra cup of gas. When the low fuel light comes on it doesn’t matter how much was in there after a fill up. It still has a gallon left regardless.

But it’s still a bad idea especially when you don’t ride for distance draining the tank when you might need that extra cup of gas. When the low fuel light comes on it doesn’t matter how much was in there after a fill up. It still has a gallon left regardless.
Yep, the only thing I do now that's on the edge of safe....

I work on the basis if the bike needs fuel, I need a stretch. After I fuel up, I move the bike away from the pumps and have a wander and stretch. Especially at some of the stops in the middle of nowhere.

I’m just the opposite. I’ll get fuel, maybe a candy bar or a soda but then I ride to where it’s much nicer than a gas station lot for a ‘wander and stretch’. The scenery is much better especially in the middle of nowhere.

Back