How is this a good idea?

Yea...I heard of folks using motorcycle tires on the old cars...Model T s' and such...but not the other way around....seems a bit odd to me
thumb_down.gif

One of the guys posted this as evidence that it's "okay".

After watching it I think it's even less safe than I did prior:

Last edited by a moderator:
You not only have to worry about the cornering ability, but the way the tire seals to a m/c rim could also be hazardous. Some Wing riders use them apparently w/o problems but its doubtful they lean very much with them.

It ain't worth saving some bux (no matter how much) to risk your life by using a car time on a bike. It appears dangerous, and besides, car tires have radically different design features which make them work on, well, CARS!!!

--Wag--

wtf.gif

I guess if it works for you, fine, but you don't have much of an angle dragging pegs on a Valkrie I think...

These car tires people are high mileage guys. They seldom lean and are probly those guys that are taking every turn down at Deals Gap or the Cherhola Skyway 15mph UNDER the speed limit. You will always have these idiots in every hobby thinking they are innovators or better than you somehow. Having ridden more miles DOES NOT make for a better rider.

Back