How is the view through...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
UPDATE:
I GOT THE PUIG RACE/DB IN LIGHT SMOKE TINT. DIDN'T WANT THE DARK TINT TO INTERFERE WITH SIGHT EVEN IF ONLY ON MOMENTARY EARLY MORNING HIGH SPEED RUNS OR A RADAR DETECTOR OR VID/CAMERA.

I've heard that it can be diffiicult seeing through the DARK SMOKE Puig DB screen when tucked at high speeds (100+), especially at night.  I am looking at the DARK because I like the matching dark look with the black on the bike.

Can someone chime in and let me know if it is a problem?

Would I be better off with regular smoke tint?

Yeah, I've heard next to impossible to see through the dark smoke screen at night.

I can see through mine,but I have to be wearing a clear visor AND I have one of the brightest HID bulbs made.

I have the smoke colored Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen. The fit is very good and I think it looks even better than the Puig for its sharper lines but that's a matter of personal taste I suppose. As soon as I saw the ZG DB on a friends 99 Hayabusa, I knew I would have to get one for my 99 Hayabusa as well. I've been using it for the past 6 years now and I really like its appearance.

Advice: You shouldn't be traveling ay very high speed at night. That's just asking for a one way trip into oblivion. At the speeds these things are capable of, daylight should be your only choice for the high speed stuff.

Click on picture of my 99 Hayabusa below to enlarge...

Quasar,qreat to see you around!
bowdown.gif

My concern is with daylight riding when I want to tuck at highway+ speeds and to still have a clear view of the road.

QUESTION: In daylight w/ a tinted visor shoul I be able see well enough at high speeds w/ a Puig Dark Smoke screen?

I will night ever be riding at night if given the choice.

Know a guy who got T-boned (intersection) on a Monday night a few weeks ago. B!tch was drunk and tried to take off, but witnesses caught up w/ her. His brother was riding 100 feet behind him and had to witness the whole thing. He must have been mortified.

Even in daylight it is hard to see thru a tinted visor and screen. At night, you may as well ride with your eyes shut.

Got the dark smoke on my 05. Don't recommend combining dark visor and the dark smoke for visibility. I like the color match also, but I use a clear visor.
beerchug.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Sep. 15 2006,17:48) Quasar, qreat to see you around!  
bowdown.gif
Thanks Nitrousjunkie, and I in turn thank those responsible for making this board possible. Thank you.  
beerchug.gif

ZG DB smoke colored windscreen:

During the day, I ride with a tinted visor and when I tuck under my smoke colored ZG DB, I can see fine. I wear my clear visor around my side under my jacket so when night arrives, I can simply make the swap and keep on riding.

I can still see fairly well at night (but certainly not as well as in daylight of course) when tucked under the windscreen with my clear visor on.

One thing I noticed about the Puig Dark smoke is that it has a bluish tint to it. I had purchased one for Bob and it looked like crap on him. GJoker had the Zero Gravity dark smoke DB and it is really a smoked color. So we traded.

As for seeing through them.. do you really get down that far? I can't...oh...er... nevermind.
blush.gif

had Puig, Sportech, Zero Gravity all DB dark smoke
w/ the Puig you can see thru it in daylight even w/ a dark smoke visor
I think the ZG is darker
but I like the lines of the Puig better

and at night...NO!!!
I have 6K HIDs and NO!!!!!!
not enough visibility
but I don't like to ride at night...to many animals on the road-deer & such

I've got the chrome windshield with flames, that you can't see through.
wink.gif

Man, you guys must be small.  I can't get my head down below my windscreen. For as long as I've been riding (24years), I look just out over the top of it, from the very top part of my visor, I have about a 1 inch window, when I get my gut tucked in and my head lodged down.  Most of the time on high speed straight aways, I'll place my left hand under the chin piece of my helmet, in order to keep my head up.  I find that wind just flows right over the top of the w/s and the helmet.  Trying to get my arms, shoulders and legs tucked in as close to the bike as possible, I find, are the biggest contributing factors to getting a straightline speed goin'.  When you get that tuck, just right, the transition from wind noise to none is golden.  I could just listen to the sound of the engine all day.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif

(zoomsplat @ Sep. 25 2006,07:24) I've got the chrome windshield with flames, that you can't see through.
wink.gif

Man, you guys must be small.  I can't get my head down below my windscreen. For as long as I've been riding (24years), I look just out over the top of it, from the very top part of my visor, I have about a 1 inch window, when I get my gut tucked in and my head lodged down.  Most of the time on high speed straight aways, I'll place my left hand under the chin piece of my helmet, in order to keep my head up.  I find that wind just flows right over the top of the w/s and the helmet.  Trying to get my arms, shoulders and legs tucked in as close to the bike as possible, I find, are the biggest contributing factors to getting a straightline speed goin'.  When you get that tuck, just right, the transition from wind noise to none is golden.  I could just listen to the sound of the engine all day.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
same here... I bought DB clear from StreetnTrack for my video camera tho.. It takes just a minute to change screens... buy both.

Back