How hot is too hot?

edcop

Banned
Engines dont like heat soo how hot is too hot to ride?

Today it was 100 degrees, kind of unusually warm weather for Minnesota.

Right now it 12:04AM and 85 degrees.

How hot is too hot to ride, tomorrow will be 95 degrees.:umpf: hot as hell.

Engines dont like heat soo how hot is too hot to ride?

Today it was 100 degrees, kind of unusually warm weather for Minnesota.

Right now it 12:04AM and 85 degrees.

How hot is too hot to ride, tomorrow will be 95 degrees.:umpf: hot as hell.

As long as she has good fluid in her and is full you can ride in ridiculous heat.

I rode from Phoenix to Palm Desert last summer and it was 115 degrees for about 5 hours straight and she didn't even start to get heat up.

Scott

She only gets hot when you stop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah the fan would kick on while stopped at a light, but no problems.

If the bike gets to hot it will tell you with coolant kicking out the overflow and I think there is a warning light as well if I recall correctly.

She only gets hot when you stop.
Posted via Mobile Device

maybe she only gets hot when she hasn't been ridden in a wile.
I know from experience my girl gets hot when she hasn't been ridden.
she looks hot just sitting there in my garage but tomorrow it's going to be 95 degrees and i am not sure if i should ride her or not, its going to be very hot.

maybe she only gets hot when she hasn't been ridden in a wile.
I know from experience my girl gets hot when she hasn't been ridden.
she looks hot just sitting there in my garage but tomorrow it's going to be 95 degrees and i am not sure if i should ride her or not, its going to be very hot.

95 is nothing to worry about........if your bike is getting hot you need to check and make sure the fuse for the fan isn't blown and also check your fluid levels.

Stop and go could be an issue, but its will be next to impossible to have issues at speed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoot, i ride when it's 110+ and the only thing that overheats are my......area above seat

I ride in Australian summer heat, which regularly gets above 104 ºF...and I hate it. I prefer winter riding, around 50 ºF.

the humidity is what kills me. That and stop n go traffic. I just don't get any enjoyment out of it.

+1 One good thing about Oklahoma. Not alot of traffic between towns. OKC isn't that long of a ride or Tulsa for that matter. Flat ground you can travel quickly on.

True that, not a lot of stop and go traffic. :beerchug:

It's the stop and go that will be a problem. Get some engine ice or water wetter and you should be fine. Another option is do the dual cooling fan mod.

I had my last Busa when I lived in Vegas. I regularly road in 110 - 120 degree heat during the summer in stop and go traffic. As long as you got good fluids in her and the fan kicks on to keep the temp down you'll be fine. :beerchug:

Now I live in Alaska with no Busa and I have yet to see a temp above 70! :laugh:

If you have a Gen I she might get cranky in bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic, Gen II have fun.

Back