How high do you rev??

Adam G

Registered
Just was out tooling around and now that I have had my 2012 for a week and a half I am really starting to get used to it. I am trying to focus on smooth and seamless shifts and just overall smooth cornering and riding now that I am getting a feel for the bike.

I found myself running it up to 6000rpm in each gear for most of my accelerations and then of course the occasional run to redline in first, second and third just for the rush.

At what RPM do you long time riders shift?

Also found myself behind traffic going 60mph on primarily country roads. In 6th gear that is like 3000rpms or so. Do you run that low in 6th gear or do you typically run in 5th gear below say 65mph?

I ride by feel, after a while you will not ever notice the tach and shift by engine feel. I promise I am not making this up.

just like twotone and sixpack said... i ride by feel...sometimes when im at the drag strip i will watch the tach..

When the motor does that thing...you know that thing where it just dies...

I think they call it a rev limiter or something.

Thats when I like to shift,no need to bother with that tach thingy...

RSD.

I get the ride by feel. I am trying to develop my feel and am curious what others do. The thing about this bike is it so torquey that it will do anything. No bogging at 3000rpm in 6th, can shift at 3500rpm in any gear with no issue. Looking for the sweet spot I guess. Maybe there isn't one. Maybe it is just all sweet!

If I'm at a red light, or under a overpass, I bounce it off the limiter ! :laugh:

Other than that I noticed mine shifts better at higher rpm. Could just be in my head ? For a while I was shifting at like 3-4,000 I got hung up on this M.P.G. thing, trying to see how close to 50 mpg I could get.......then I remembered I bought a Busa, and now it's more like 5-6,000 for normal highway riding. But I got a Gen.1 not sure if it's the same thing ?

Whaa ? Didn't know ya shift on these. Well, I do shift toward the back of the seat when I pin the throttle.

I ride by feel, after a while you will not ever notice the tach and shift by engine feel. I promise I am not making this up.

^ Yes this. The more you ride the more you'll learn about your Busa, where bike is happy, where you're comfy with you're abilities and the bikes limits.

Does anyone else notice that it sounds like your bike takes a second breath ? Probably in my head also, but if I'm just riding down the road at around 4,000 rpm. it feels like I should shift, but if I'm getting on it at around 7,000 rpm it sounds/feels like it took another breath ? Hope I'm explaining this right.

Does anyone else notice that it sounds like your bike takes a second breath ? Probably in my head also, but if I'm just riding down the road at around 4,000 rpm. it feels like I should shift, but if I'm getting on it at around 7,000 rpm it sounds/feels like it took another breath ? Hope I'm explaining this right.

you're feeling it come out of the "flat" spot around 4500 rpms? I experience the same thing; either I shift it at 4k or so, or if I rev it past the flat spot, it feels almost like secondaries opening, and I'll hang on till 7k+ lol!

you're feeling it come out of the "flat" spot around 4500 rpms? I experience the same thing; either I shift it at 4k or so, or if I rev it past the flat spot, it feels almost like secondaries opening, and I'll hang on till 7k+ lol!

Okay, almost didn't want to ask that one, LoL

If I'm at a red light, or under a overpass, I bounce it off the limiter ! :laugh:

Other than that I noticed mine shifts better at higher rpm. Could just be in my head ? For a while I was shifting at like 3-4,000 I got hung up on this M.P.G. thing, trying to see how close to 50 mpg I could get.......then I remembered I bought a Busa, and now it's more like 5-6,000 for normal highway riding. But I got a Gen.1 not sure if it's the same thing ?

This makes sense. I find myself wanting to take it easy for normal tooling around but the bike seems to respond well shifting 5-6. And like you said, I bought a Busa. If I wanted to ride easy I could have kept my old bike.

i have pulled away from a traffic stop in 6th and never lugged it down. enery spot can be that sweet spot. when im gettin it, i shift at redline. putting around and cruzing, i shift where ever it feels good. for me that can be anywhere from 3000-7000rpm. :beerchug:

Somewhere between a thousand and 11 thousand typically. I've bounced mine a time or two Rubb :laugh:

I find myself strangely shifting early if someones on the back seat :dunno:

Somewhere between a thousand and 11 thousand typically. I've bounced mine a time or two Rubb :laugh:

I find myself strangely shifting early if someones on the back seat :dunno:

These things have a back seat? So when I take girls for a spin I shouldn't have them ride the hump?

Rubb.

Back