How fast would it go? Don't want to try!

How not a lot of USEFUL responses here :poke:
I'm 195lbs and I'd like to know something approximating a real number. I've hit 165 indicated on the GSXR1000 dash which I know is closer to accurate with the 39 tooth sprocket on the back, but that's as far as I have ever pushed it.

Keep it coming guys

Well, a decent guess would be about 180-185 under ideal conditions. That is just an educated guess based on what I have seen others do. A lot of it will depend on how much power your bike is making. Mine dynos at 160hp but with me on it I don't think she would do past 180, but I also weigh in at 240 lbs and almost 6'7".

When people ask me how fast she is, I usually reply with "she jumps past fast and shoots straight to scary." If they still press the questions, I will tell them 186 due to the limiter. Of course, there always seems to be some little twerp around that pipes up with "I did that on my (600 and/or 750) the first day I got it. The 'Busa isn’t that fast."

At that point I just smile and say "Okay" :whistle: and drop the subject.

Many magazines had first gens in the low to mid 190's bone stock. One magazine had a stocker radared at 200.1 on Bruntingthorpe in England in perfect conditions with a small rider and a long run. So saying 200 is a bit of an exaggeration, but still doable to shut up the "my 600 can do 180" yappers :laugh: Plus most folks actually believe the busa will do 200 :bowdown:

Don't you run shinkos on that thing? Better keep that puppy under 168 or they'll explode!:poke:

How little drag the rider creates on the bike will have a lot to do with the top end.

On my 03 GSXR 1000 I run a taller tire than stock with stock gearing and indicating 175-179 indicated, GPS says best I've done is 165ish.

Well, a decent guess would be about 180-185 under ideal conditions. That is just an educated guess based on what I have seen others do. A lot of it will depend on how much power your bike is making. Mine dynos at 160hp but with me on it I don't think she would do past 180, but I also weigh in at 240 lbs and almost 6'7".

When people ask me how fast she is, I usually reply with "she jumps past fast and shoots straight to scary." If they still press the questions, I will tell them 186 due to the limiter. Of course, there always seems to be some little twerp around that pipes up with "I did that on my (600 and/or 750) the first day I got it. The 'Busa isn’t that fast."

At that point I just smile and say "Okay" :whistle: and drop the subject.
OH that is SO TRUE !!! "My 600 will do 180" and I can't count how many R1 owners claim "my R1 will break two hundred bone stock".

Wanting to know for your self I can understand, but so you can tell other people it doesn't matter what you tell them because they all will have/had or know someone that has SOMETHING that will KILL A BUSA !!

Last edited:
depends on who asks, if he seems to know bike i answer about 190 ish stock. If its just some idiot, well i play it be ear. :whistle:

If the bike scares you, you should'nt be riding it

That's an asinine response, firstly, anybody who is sane is going to have a little fear at the outside limits of what a monster like the Hayabusa can do and secondly there are very few places where you could test the limit safely & legally so you would have to resort to public roads and if doing close on 200 on a public road doesn't scare you then you are the one who shouldn't riding.

If the bike scares you, you should'nt be riding it
Well, I personally believe that the moment someone isn't at least a little scared to ride or thinks they can "handle" whatever the bike can do is when that person increases their chances of getting hurt or killed. That is why so many kids get hurt on sport bikes. They get cocky and arrogant. Maybe "scared" wasn't the correct choice of words but works in the context it was used when trying to answer someone when they ask about how fast the 'Busa is.

That's an asinine response, firstly, anybody who is sane is going to have a little fear at the outside limits of what a monster like the Hayabusa can do and secondly there are very few places where you could test the limit safely & legally so you would have to resort to public roads and if doing close on 200 on a public road doesn't scare you then you are the one who shouldn't riding.
No worries, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think a little fear or being scared is healthy. It reminds us we are mortal.

Sorry, didn't mean to :hijack:

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. :laugh:

Well, I personally believe that the moment someone isn't at least a little scared to ride or thinks they can "handle" whatever the bike can do is when that person increases their chances of getting hurt or killed. That is why so many kids get hurt on sport bikes. They get cocky and arrogant. Maybe "scared" wasn't the correct choice of words but works in the context it was used when trying to answer someone when they ask about how fast the 'Busa is.

No worries, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think a little fear or being scared is healthy. It reminds us we are mortal.

Sorry, didn't mean to :hijack:

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. :laugh:

No problem dude, I realized in retrospect how you probably meant it. Keep safe out there.:beerchug:

Back