How fast was I going?

wpg2rch

Donating Member
Registered
I have a question. Hypothetically of course...if I was driving home from work and took an open straight road with no one around and rolled on the throttle, and when I let off I only caught a glimpse of the tach, how fast was I going? I was in 4th gear revving about 9K. I don't know how fast I was going, but the ground was moving by fast. I didn't want to spend much time starring at the gauges.

Hypothetical of course.  
cool.gif

someone had a spreadsheet with gear/rpm/speed ratio I might have it at home.... pretty cool stuff
cool.gif

I think they are close,though someone should go and replicate the test and look
beerchug.gif

at 75 Leave it in 6th and just twist and duck, Let off when pants get moist or you run out of road next time. Everything not imediatly in front of you becomes a blur after about 7 seconds. For real.

I don't know 4th, I know on my bike rev limiter in 5th is 179 mph. 6th is 194. Stock gearing and Qualifier 190/50 rear tire.

smile.gif

wpg2rch

Try it all over again, and this time take a split second and check the speedo instead of the tach. Busas are very smooth even up above 140, so head shake and stability should not be an issue...

hypathetically of course
rock.gif

but remember your speedo will be 10-15 % off up high like that. reading higher than real

(jpracecraft @ Jul. 17 2007,18:18) at 75 Leave it in 6th and just twist and duck, Let off when pants get moist or you run out of road next time. Everything not imediatly in front of you becomes a blur after about 7 seconds. For real.
I will have to try it out sometime. I was just testing the waters this time.  
cool.gif

Thanks everyone.  
beerchug.gif

Had mine the fastest I have so far this last weekend outside Dallas. 150 on the speedomter.

Had to slow pretty fast came up on a 15mph corner
SHOCKED.gif
....and had a surprise from a Ducati that came from nowhere.
all_coholic.gif

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 17 2007,20:07) Had mine the fastest I have so far this last weekend outside Dallas.  150 on the speedomter.

Had to slow pretty fast came up on a 15mph corner
SHOCKED.gif
....and had a surprise from a Ducati that came from nowhere.
all_coholic.gif
It's true ,,was right behind him,,,turn came up quick!!!!

I have the same question, 10500 in 5th, with 17/43 gearing, how fast Guys
bowdown.gif

(wpg2rch @ Jul. 17 2007,23:02)
(jpracecraft @ Jul. 17 2007,18:18) at 75 Leave it in 6th and just twist and duck, Let off when pants get moist or you run out of road next time. Everything not imediatly in front of you becomes a blur after about 7 seconds. For real.
I will have to try it out sometime. I was just testing the waters this time.
cool.gif

Thanks everyone.
beerchug.gif
Run with a GPS that has max speed function and just ride. The GPS will capture the data you seek
wink.gif

Back