Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 200mph+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nychris

Registered
Whats the fastest you've gotten the bike up to? I pinned the speedometer at 185 last night and then slowed down right away. I have a TRE installed so the bike can go faster, but I was getting scared once I hit 170 or so ;) I just needed to get that out of my system that one time.

This has been posted many of times before. Will probably get moved to the poll section also. tounge.gif

where did u do that ,,,just curious?,,what area,
ahh, I see your from LI. I don't recommend this and I'll never do it again but I did it on the LIE out east by Riverhead at 2am. The reason I'll never do it again is because the road isn't lit at all, and it curves. Even at normal speeds you have limited visibility, so it was pretty insane and dumb. If I do this again, which I probably will, I'll head out to Ocean Parkway by Jones beach late at night. Its lit up and is just a wide open straight road.

I've actually only cranked it to 125+, heck I was in 3rd gear I think...If I ever get it up to 150-160+ I don't think I'd stop till I hit the 180+.

Once your that high, why stop...if the po po spots ya...it's jail anyway, might as well crank it to say you did it. That is assuming he catches you tounge.gif

I lost an older brother a few years ago doing some crazy sht in his Porche, so I'm not anxious to follow him.

125 did feel like nothing though...

here on long island are you guys from??? sound beach here, 10 minutes from port jefferson.

East end of E-way? Are you nuts? Have you ever seen the size of the deer in the Pine Barrens? Not trying to preach, but I seen semi's drag them things for miles and still have consistency to them!

Guys, check the LI thread in Geographical for the ride planned for Sept 09.

<!--EDIT|PDBusa
Reason for Edit: "can't type"|1156719565 -->

165-170. And the kicker is it was perfectly legal! I did it during a track day at VIR South on the front straight.

It was definitely nice not having to worry about the Po-Po.

East end of E-way? Are you nuts? Have you ever seen the size of the deer in the Pine Barrens? Not trying to preach, but I seen semi's drag them things for miles and still have consistency to them!

Guys, check the LI thread in Geographical for the ride planned for Sept 09.
Yeah, I am nuts, LOL Forget the deer, how about the 20ft visibility and the fact that the road isn't straight. I couldn't see sh*t, but I was determined to pin it and I did. I'll do it again, but defintely NOT out east on the LIE, that was insane.

Long beach here,,,mid 170's over the robert moses bridge,,,no animals there just birds but if u tuck low ur below railing just have to watch 4 side winds,,,,,

I did it on the LIE out east by Riverhead at 2am.  
Hey. The band Dream Theater had a song by that name on their album "Awake." I think LIE started out as a working title and then they wrote lyrics for it that had a story other than The Long Island Expressway.

165-170.  And the kicker is it was perfectly legal!  I did it during a track day at VIR South on the front straight.  

It was definitely nice not having to worry about the Po-Po.
+1

170 indicated on the front straight at California Speedway. 140 on the back straight from T9 all the way before T12. Even caught 1/2 of air thru 10 and 11 b/c it cuts right thru a chicane and there's a bump that all the AMA guys call the "supercross jump."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back