How fast have you gone ?

Bigfoot

Registered
What were the local conditions ,was it at a track ,open highway etc.? How accurate is the stock speedo ? This is an amazing bike Im getting used to but I cant see myself ever using all its capable of . Am I missing something here ? Thanks

Hey Bigfoot. I hit 190 or so on the speedo coming out of Canada on 201 there was this incredible slight downhill grade as far as you could see this Grand Am passed me and a buddy doing about 100 So we nailed it. I left his 1100 in the dust and redlined 5th before I hit 6th Speedo read about 185 in 5th I hit just over 190 on speedo when my sunglasses fell off and I had to catch them with my elbow and let off. I figure with the speedo being about 5%- 7% off I was doing about 180 or so hard telling unless you have a GPS or Yellow box. It was perfect nobody around no wind cool air. My buddies 1100 bounces rev limiter at 168-170 and he said I was leaving him like he was tied down hehe

Straight local highway. A 4' wall on 1 side and 100'-150' of grass on the other, before you hit the water.
No intersections for over a mile and a half. Summer day on smooth asphault.
Almost 215 indicated and 188 on GPS

188mph.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
165 in 5 th gear held it for awhile !next time i shift to 6th so i can see what she got .but not yet still feeling her out.have a local hwy with 3 nice wide lanes that i buzz down first to make sure no coppers before a play!

160 while racing a Twin Turbo Porche on hwy. 880 here in the Bay Area. Had to slow down due to traffic on the freeway.
jump9.gif

140 racing an AMG Kompressor and 150 out in the desert chasing Doc.

The Mercedes was at 3:30am on new asphalt on a freeway, and the desert run was a long stretch "somewhere" outside Vegas. Pacemaster and his wife (holding on tight) were right behind me!

187 on the GPS, something like 215 on the speedo. The speedo's are hella inaccurate. Not only that, my odometer read wrong as well. I checked it back when I first got it, and it would gain 1/10 mile every 3 miles. It's worth the money to get a Yellow Box.

That's what I thought you were going to say. Good catch but that had to suck.

Slightly over 140(only had the bike a month) on the speedo on a two lane concrete backroad. Nice long stretch coming downhill so you can see any cars for a mile. I am amazed how hard the bike is still pulling at that speed.

Race24X incredible catch, surprised your eyes didnt pop out too :cool

142MPH (speedo reading) on highway. 700 feet above sea level @ 80 degrees F.

I figure I was prolly going around 155MPH since I have the black/grey busa (fastest color) and its speedo reads slower.

( ;

Will go faster after 1000 miles and secondary break-in period are gone.

142MPH (speedo reading) on highway.  700 feet above sea level @ 80 degrees F.

I figure I was prolly going around 155MPH since I have the black/grey busa (fastest color) and its speedo reads slower.

( ;

Will go faster after 1000 miles and secondary break-in period are gone.
You definitly got the fastest color... i have that problem too.. me speedo may read 160 or so but gps reads 183... go figure
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

What were the local conditions ,was it at a track ,open highway etc.? How accurate is the stock speedo ? This is an amazing bike Im getting used to but I cant see myself ever using all its capable of . Am I missing something here ? Thanks
206mph on GPS on a open road. 203mph on a runway.

speed is is 7.6% off which means 200mph on the speedo is 184.8mph

no you are not missing something. Ride as you enjoy, don't try to go faster because it can unless you want and enjoy to.

Hey Ninja Eater,

is it always 7.6% off? In otherwords, if it reads 70MPH, is it really only going 64.68? And, is that your speedo or a typical 'busa one?

From what i know, the discrepency on the meter is greater at the higher end of the speedo.

So at 100km/h it probably nearly spot on, 200 and probably about 5% and once u are in lala land 300+ ....... you probably have more important things to concentrate on than the speedo.

---------------

Off topic, what's a 'Yellow Box'
rock.gif

From what i know, the discrepency on the meter is greater at the higher end of the speedo.

So at 100km/h it probably nearly spot on, 200 and probably about 5% and once u are in lala land 300+ ....... you probably have more important things to concentrate on than the speedo.

---------------

Off topic, what's a 'Yellow Box'
rock.gif
a box will fix the discrepancies in yer speedo . If you altered gearing (front/rear sprockets) etc etc

I've had 'er up to 295 or so (kph) thats about 180 mph for those of you SOUTH of the border (and I dont mean south of the border as in right now yer sittin down to a nice burritto dinner) hee hee hee . I've got a Canadian import, my speedo goes to 340 KPH with a line after that (350).
350KPH = 210 MPH

Back