How Far would you go  to keep your Beloved BUSA

The only way I could live with myself doing it is for my son. I am like most though, I would do what I had to to never sell anything that I wanted to keep. I will not even pawn anything to get by, I always have found another alternative.

Already have a second job. Teaching just don't pay enuf good stuff. My rational is you couldn't get what the busa is worth (to ma anyway) and trying to get back into a busa afterwards would be difficult.

I've got 6 kids, prolly try to sell a couple of them first!

I would Pimp her out on the streets befor selling my bike.......

my bike gives more pleasure then any woman could ever give me... (well, maybe not Brittney spears.. ;) )

Haaaaaaaaaa hahahahahahah  Damn  Maverick  you are so Funny:laugh:
jump9.gif
director.gif

<!--EDIT|chamalk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076148658 -->

Hmmmm interesting, if things are tight I suggest doing a budget. And keep in mind a good budget always "pays you" first so with that said I would fiure out how much we were going to pay ourself out of the budget and then take my half to make the busa payments. If that was not enough then I would suggest we both get part-time jobs to hlp pay for the joint expenses as well as pay for whatever personal expenses we had or wanted. I would recommend against selling any personal items unless it was a last resort unless the objects rank low on the "personal" level. Otherwise resentment towards the person advocating the "selling " of personal items can occur which in more cases than not can lead to more serious problems. (Over 70% of marital problems report finances as a major source of problems). So to that end I would promote doing without cable, any new clothing, and cutting out the "incidentals" before selling a personal item. (Typically I'ld charge you $125 hr for that counseltation -but since you're a board member its free --TODAY
biggrin.gif
)

Now before I went professional on ya, my first thought was
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
"Don't make me have to choose between the bike and you, because the bike was here first"
laugh.gif

But then again my wife doesn't cook (ref:RaiderDm)
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But then again my wife doesn't cook (ref:RaiderDm)
laugh.gif
She cooks. She cleans. She paints. She does laundry.
She takes care of the yard. She brings me a steady stream
of snacks & drinks while I play on the computer. She finds
the stuff that I misplace. She insists that I go ride the
Busa on weekends. She asks for sporty rides on the Busa!!!
Basicly I am one spoiled rotten SOB.
In Dec 2001 I wrecked my SV650. I call her from the side of
road, tell her I'm ok. Her 1st words...
"Well I guess you better go buy that Busa now."
I tell you boys...dying and going to heaven would be a
SERIOUS let down.

RaiderDM...... I have got to agree with you .... you are one spoiled rotten SOB!!!! But I'm only agreeing 'cause I'm just TOTALLY jealous of you
sad.gif
I can sit on my computer all night and she will only call down to say goodnight...lol...
Leaving me to dream about more things to do on my BUSA!!

I would Pimp her out on the streets befor selling my bike.......

my bike gives more pleasure then any woman could ever give me... (well, maybe not Brittney spears.. ;) )
You're obviously doing something wrong if a bike gives you more pleasure than a woman.
biggrin.gif

I don't even want to know how your busa GIVES you "pleasure".
laugh.gif

When I was out of work for 9 months, the money was tight, but my wife never mentioned selling any of the toys. She even stated that..."No matter what happens, we're NOT getting rid of the Harley." We had not bought the Busa yet. I did sell my '72 Chevelle, but that was ny decision due to a lack of room in the garage and trying to budget my time for upkeep on 6 vehicles (3 bikes/3 cars).

All the credit goes to her, because she worked extra to keep things going, and I picked up side jobs (home remodeling) to help out. I couldn't get a part time job because I was maxed out on the unemployment pay, and would have lost money.

Best of alll: She let me get the Busa two months before starting my new job.

I must be doing something right
wink.gif

if he/she truely loves your and understands the importance of such a "material" object, then she wouldnt ask you to get rid of it. Sometimes my wife makes a few comments on the payment and such, but i know and she knows she would never ask me to get rid of it. Shes good to me like that. I guess i sometimes i take her for granted, but i am working on that.
blush.gif

The real question is this... How fuggin' far away from me would I tell her to get if she tried makin' me get rid of the busa?
laugh.gif
Of course, I ain't married, so I guess I don't exactly have an "other half".
wink.gif

chamalk...some real world advice since we do all joke so much...
tounge.gif

My hubby and I have too many toys; I know, I know...you can never have too many...finances are sometimes hard with kids, daycare, toys, etc, so I started looking for the money we spend that doesn't really need to be spent...found that we were paying nearly $100 each month for our phone and one cell phone.  The problem with that isn't just the cost, it was that we never use the damn phones enough to justify that...I insisted that we cut back, bought a calling card and bumped the phone down to the bare minium...the cell phone is convenient, especially when I'm riding alone...we dropped our service and opted for prepaid there too...cut DirecTV down to a minimum and bought TiVo; turns out there's plenty on, we just sleep when it's playing!  

Just a couple of things that we did to save nearly $160 a month...there's always a way to cut some corners and keep the toys...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "little bit stupid tonight..."|1076293647 -->

chamalk...some real world advice since we do all joke so much...
tounge.gif

My hubby and I have too many toys; I know, I know...you can never have too many...finances are sometimes hard with kids, daycare, toys, etc, so I started looking for the money we spend that doesn't really need to be spent...found that we were paying nearly $100 each month for our phone and one cell phone.  The problem with that isn't just the cost, it was that we never use the damn phones enough to justify that...I insisted that we cut back, bought a calling card and bumped the phone down to the bare minium...the cell phone is convenient, especially when I'm riding alone...we dropped our service and opted for prepaid there too...cut DirecTV down to a minimum and bought TiVo; turns out there's plenty on, we just sleep when it's playing!  

Just a couple of things that we did to save nearly $160 a month...there's always a way to cut some corners and keep the toys...
Man! If I quit eating I could save a fortune! Groceries are friggin' EXPENSIVE!!! Hehehehehe...
laugh.gif

Been thinkin about doin' the prepay cell deal. I NEVER use the dang thing. Could save on that. I already cut the DirecTV back to the basic package, just have to watch my PayPerView purchases. Come on, Va... help me save more busa mod money. I really want that big bore kit to install next winter!
wink.gif

Wow,  you guys are  fantastic.  I love all of you  yes ALL OF YOU guys and gals in this superb site. I  joined nearly 2 years ago but became a Hayabusa  owner Oct 22 2003.  I am so lucky to have it, and I am glad to have the Best person to share it with.Thats  my girlfriend Yolanda.
When I had my YZF 1000 she is the one to encourage me to get a Busa. She said that I work hard enough to deserve one. Also she approved the looks and the colour.
To me she is  like my Princess.Smart,Beautiful,Kind,giving and Hard working too. I am a Sri lankan,  She is Mexican. We met in Santa Barbara,She asked to marry me and I Felt like the luckiest guy.  I don't wanna sound Showy or sentimental  but I Think I have the BEST BIKE IN THE WORLD. I have the BEST SITE TO GO TO, and I have the Best other half. You All are So SMART and FUNNY.  I LOVE YOU ALL.........

<!--EDIT|chamalk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076312279 -->

7 dollars and 50 cents a day thats how i justify it with my wife lol
smile.gif
plus used head games that actually convinced her to make me buy the bike in the first place
biggrin.gif

Back