How far have you ridden 2-up on your 'busa?

brumanchu

Registered
A question for the road warriors out there.

I have been about 200-300 miles riding 2-up on mostly back roads last year, my wrists were killing me the next day as I really hadn't prepped myself for that kind of abuse.
Have been thinking about taking a longer ride recently and was wondering what others have done.

So how far have you ridden your 'busa 2-up:
a) in 1 day?
b) over a weekend?

We can do 500 to 600 miles a day pretty easily. Depends on how much coffee I drink at gas stops.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

900 miles 2 up in one day, did that twice. Stopping every 100 miles to either use the bathroom, stretch legs, and/or fuel up.

900 miles 2 up in one day, did that twice. Stopping every 100 miles to either use the bathroom, stretch legs, and/or fuel up.

Wow, that's impressive! How'd u feel the next day? Any special prep? And finally, assuming it was a return ride, how long between the first and second?

Wow, that's impressive! How'd u feel the next day? Any special prep? And finally, assuming it was a return ride, how long between the first and second?

Had a little saddle sore the next day but was fine the day after. The rides were 4 days apart this past Memorial Day weekend. Rode from central NY to northeastern GA.

One day 2 up around 700. A weekend trip Thursday morning to Sunday night a little over 2000. The biggest thing is for your passenger to know how big the seat really is. If your wrists are hurting I am guessing you are supporting some of her weight too. Next time you ride ask her to feel the seat behind her and see if she is all the way back or halfway in your seat. Nature of the bike, when you hit the brakes she will slide forward. She needs to try to supprot herself with her hands one your tank (no rings) when she knows a stop is coming, otherwise you are holding back your weight plus hers even if she is a tiny 100lbs girl add that to your weight and forward momentum its a lot of pressure on the wrist. Just my 2 cents

I hate 2 up. But when duty calls. :banghead:

I wont do a long trip untill I get her a back rest. Speaking of which...anyone know of one for sale.???

RSD.

Wish I could help you out, I use to build them

Whats it gonna take to bring you out of retirement....:1zhelp:

Do you have a good set of "blue-prints" you could post. :laugh:

RSD.

Kv bribe money....I keep a little tucked away for emergencies...

cash1.jpg

From memory 600 one day 1200 for a weekend. My wife basically holds her self up by placing her hands on the tank just in front of me.

From memory 600 one day 1200 for a weekend. My wife basically holds her self up by placing her hands on the tank just in front of me.

Hands just in front of you...you say. Hands on yer "tank". :whistle:
Interesting nick-name...I call mine..."Damien". :laugh:

RSD.

Back