How do you remove an undertail (under tail) on a Gen 1?

Audiomaker

Registered
So after searching this topic, there are too many vaguely titled posts for me to spend the day going through to find the answer.

Could anyone tell me how to remove the undertail on a Gen1 Hayabusa? I am installing an aftermarket one.

If there's already a link for this, could someone share? Pic's would be even better.

I really appreciate it.

Sean

If you are referring to the piece that holds the license plate. If needs to be cut off in order to install an after market undertail.

are you asking how to removing the battery tray that comes factory that has the rear fender attached or how to remove an aftermarket undertail

There's a lot of them out there. Sounds like you found a good one for him. I was thinking the work varied a little from undertail to undertail. Good job , short on time today :bowdown:

Search ( advanced search ) is your friend :laugh:

Thanks guys.

I finally got it on. I wasn't asking about anything in particular but rather a good starting point. I bought a used aftermarket undertail and didn't know what had to be done to install it.

Frankly, I got my answers on Google, which is a little sad having started here, but it was taking me forever to search this board for the info' I was looking for.

I didn't even know the tail had to come off at first. My question was asked wrong because I didn't realize the factory undertail was left in and cut, not replaced entirely. That's why I was asking how to remove it.

So to help future searchers...

Gen1

Tail fairing has to come off.

Factory undertail has to be cut to so the aftermarket tail will fit under it.

On mine, I could not use the factory plastic push fasteners from underneath , so you might want to do this while a hardware store is open.

If your undertail didn't come with instructions (or if you need better one's), search Google. There are plenty of guides.

Cheers!
Sean

its been 6 years since i did mine....dont remember how anymore...congrats hope you like the new look

its been 6 years since i did mine....dont remember how anymore...congrats hope you like the new look

The look is OK... better. I'm not blown away like it's a huge difference considering I had to cut the cr*p out of a factory part. I like it though.

It's not painted yet. It's dark silver and the tail fairing is black, but I wanted to do the fitment and get everything right before painting it.

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

I'd like to do the thing where the LED's alternated between Amber/Brake/Tail. Right now they only do Brake/Tail. Ahhh..more searching (sigh).

Thanks for everyone's help!

Sean

Edit: Just looked at my passenger pegs. That's because I'm Special!

Back