How do you remove a battery from an 09 Hayabusa

LordHelmut

Registered
Im planning on storing my 09 Hayabusa in a non heated garage over winter and I plan on filling the tank with fuel and stabilizer, and getting a stand for the back tire, and removing the battery, Does anyone know how to remove the battery or could link me to a video or site? also any other suggestions for storing it? Its my first bike and I wanna treat her good and make sure she's stored properly for next summer. :please:

If you have power in your shop, put a battery tender on it instead of removing the battery. Make sure you gas tank is full and add a fuel stabilizer to tank as well.

Via Tapatalk

If you have power in your shop, put a battery tender on it instead of removing the battery. Make sure you gas tank is full and add a fuel stabilizer to tank as well.

Via Tapatalk

Agreed. If you really want to disconnect it, go ahead, no need to remove it. But a tender would be your best bet. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

The battery is right under the seat, just remove the two bolts (6mm) that are by the seat on the frame (one per side).

001.jpg

Like stated before you don't need to disconnect it, just connect a tender on it. Hope this helps, Good luck

WOW thats easier than i thought! And thank you guys for answering so quickly..... Im starting to see that I joined a great community here :beerchug::thumbsup:

You havent seen anything yet, this place is great, lots of good info and great people, you will see.:thumbsup:

:welcome: aboard!

The battery tender comes with a connector that connects to the battery. You can connect and disconnect without taking the seat off. I've read several post where guys say change the oil before storing and change it again before bringing it out of storage. If I have the time I'll try to find you a link.

I don't see the need to change it before you store it, then again before you ride. If it was me i would just change it in the spring before you head out. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I am changing mine and then storing it. Gets rid of all the contaminants, etc that are in the oil.

At over $10 a quart, no way am I changing it again in the spring with no miles on it:lol:

Back