How do you reason with someone...

Just asking questions, did not state an opinion, but in my case this is what I would do.

1.) Homeless man knocks on my door with broken arm.

I would not put him back on the street, would find him the help he needs, starting with a 911 call.

2.) Doggie with a broken foot in front of my door.

Would make sure doggie is comfortable and contact an animal shelter for advice and probably take him there. What happens after that is not my decision.

not a problem at all brother, i know that we will get tons of different opinions and that is ok...somewhere in the middle is probably the best solution :laugh: as far as your answers, we end up in the same situation- who is going to wind up paying for the 911 operators and animal shelter? they are going to take it from those who actually are participating in society and not require a dime from the free-loaders...how is that right in any sense of the word?

Off topic rant on:
People eat and do other things for different reasons. Its usually the people that have NEVER had weight problems that are the first to complain about overweight people being lazy, ugly, and uninteresting. Some people are just programmed differently than others. I'm glad you have the perfect genetics to pull off a perfect body. I don't. I also don't find the need to spend 12 hours a day in a gym to get it. I'm happy the way I am and if you aren't happy the way I am, I don't care. The fact that "BMW's" exist most likely is due to stress and/or other variables that you don't get to see or the fact that many women are just programmed that way. Who are you to say that big isn't beautiful?
Rant off..

Back to topic rant.
I agree with both sides of this argument but more to the fact that healthcare just needs price adjustment more than government intervention..

sorry, it's those who HAVE worked hard to lose weight that are disgusted with those who don't put forth any effort at all.

I just got the bill from my Daughter's latest colonoscopy (the 2nd she had last year), it was $12,000. PAID IN FULL by insurance that I pay for because I had hit my deductable, but that one visit was more than my entire premium last year. I can't complain because she got excellent care, but I can see how this is not sustainable, whether paid from private or public funds.
Sustainable because others who have a JOB are also PAYING into it, but may not use the entire amount. Like car insurance..some people are lucky and never need it.
I agree changes need to be made, example; a friend had to take his daughter to the ER for something and the bill came to like $4500 dollars..He freaked and said hey look she just turned 18 and is not covered on my insurance anymore..oh let me rework that...tada the new bill was $800 (I`m just throwing numbers out there but it something to this nature). I question if you have insurance, then are the prices higher? so the providers can make up for the 50% who cant pay???

I keep figuring that they will finally tell us what is wrong with my daughter when the money runs out....

Back